Ollie's Trolley in Bar Harbor

ssimon

Other than a ship's tour, what would your suggestion be for a group who would like to explore the park and area? Rental cars are not an option in Bar Harbor.

Cole

We (4 of us in our party) ended up renting a taxi for the day. I don't remember the price, but it was less for us to go that route than doing the Oli Trolley tour. We were able to go wherever we wanted and since the driver was local (and outgoing) we got some great history to boot.

We just walked off the boat, exited the dock, turned right and talked to the guy in the information booth (you cant miss it). Just ask him/her for recommendations on taxi day rentals.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

About how much was the taxi. Did they have taxi vans for party of 6

How long was the tour?

I have a national parks pass will I be able to use that?

I'm sure there must be a entry fee if you take a taxi

We will be in Bar Harbor during the month of September. We are wondering if the Island Explorer would be more to our liking since it appears to allow off and on at stops.

Cole

I strongly recommend the Island Explorer buses for your trip. As you mentioned, you can hop on and off. They will even drop you off between stops, if you need them to - just pull the cord to ding the bell. Access is easy from downtown and they go to all the places you are likely to want to go to. Fall service starts Sept. 1, but unless you want to go somewhere off the beaten path, like to Southwest Harbor on the other side of the island, you will be fine. It runs frequently and the drivers are friendly and helpful. Enjoy your trip!:)

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in Bar Harbor during the month of September. We are wondering if the Island Explorer would be more to our liking since it appears to allow off and on at stops.

Cole

We, too, will be in Bar Harbor in Sept. on a cruise. Was disappointed to learn that the Island Explorer does not do the Cadillac Mountain road. Will probably use Ollie's Trolley. We've been to BH on a road trip in July 1999 but fog prevented us from driving up to the summit.:(

We, too, will be in Bar Harbor in Sept. on a cruise. Was disappointed to learn that the Island Explorer does not do the Cadillac Mountain road. Will probably use Ollie's Trolley. We've been to BH on a road trip in July 1999 but fog prevented us from driving up to the summit.:(

We will be in Bar Harbor in Oct. and that was what made us decide to do Ollie's Trolley. I really want to get up to the summit. I think we will really like it! Very excited!!

• 3 weeks later...