Tour suggestions needed Ushuaia, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt

cruiser karen

We will be cruising from BA to Valparaiso in Early Feb. 2016 and are looking for reasonably priced small group tours to see the beautiful scenery of Pantegonia at the above mentioned ports. I would also like to take a very short hike or two if possible while on the tour. I would appreciate any feedback people who have been there can give me who have taken tours there. I want to avoid the high cost of a private tour and also being on a large bus, a van size group with a dependable, English speaking guide would be great. Thank you in advance to anyone who can suggest a good company or let me know of one to avoid.

If you have a look at the TA Ushuaia forum we created a Top Question called "What to do" where everyone has listed the many tours available there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g312855-i6870-Ushuaia_Province_of_Tierra_del_Fuego_Patagonia.html

For a private day tour out to the Garibaldi Pass and the hidden lakes etc I used toursbylocals.com to read itinerary ideas and reviews of each guide - you then communicate with the guide direct to create the best itinerary for you and your friend/s.

• 4 weeks later...

We used SouthExcursions for most of our Around the Horn tours. We were pleased with them. However, for Ushuaia, they were booked, so we took the ship's excursion to the Beagle Channel and Tierra del Fuego Park. It was nice.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be cruising from BA to Valparaiso in Early Feb. 2016 and are looking for reasonably priced small group tours to see the beautiful scenery of Pantegonia at the above mentioned ports. I would also like to take a very short hike or two if possible while on the tour. I would appreciate any feedback people who have been there can give me who have taken tours there. I want to avoid the high cost of a private tour and also being on a large bus, a van size group with a dependable, English speaking guide would be great. Thank you in advance to anyone who can suggest a good company or let me know of one to avoid.

HI Karen,

Wonder if you have found the suggestions for local tours. I am booked with different local tours with different groups on each port that we docked. Are you on the February 14 to Antartica Cruise as well the B2B from BA to Valparaiso? I am on the Cruise Critic Roll call under Yuwant. I am coordinating for early disembarkation for the Volunteer Points tour with Patrick Watts. On the Port Ushuaia, we are booked with 6 people, there si still space for February 18 in a van. Please email me for more suggestions and information: benlim1at verizon dot net

Teresa:)