Input on Cucina del Capitano

Bobug

We are going on a back 2 back in 44 days...first on Norwegian Jewel then Sunshine. Both ships have an Italian restaurant (my hubby's favorite). For those that have eaten at Cucina del Capitano or Mama's Italian or both can you please give me your opinion?

Thank you

Edited by Bobug

We ate at Cucina Del Capatino on our Thanksgiving cruise many times for lunch and once for dinner. We really enjoyed the food and thought it was definitely worth the fee for dinner. For lunch it's a pasta bar and it's free. My daughter and I ate there several days for lunch and loved it.

We ate at cucina de capitano on the breeze . Did not like it - they messed up the meal twice. First , forgot my husbands meal - he had to get up and ask someone about it. The second time- they mixed two sauces together. The places near my house makes better food.

In May this year my family and I tried the Cucina del Capitano on the Breeze for dinner with a fee. We have received OBC from price drops so we decided to try it. Because I did have my DS 12 and DS 7 with us I booked an early time like 5:30 p.m. I am sorry to say that we did not like it. My DH and DS 12 tried the braised short ribs and my DS 12 told the waiter that he preferred his Mom's cooking. :o My DS 7 had spaghetti off the kids menu and did not eat it. I had the Chicken Parmesan and it was okay.

On a side note for this night: a lady approached us and told us how impressed she was that our boys was well behaved. She said that she feared the worst, but enjoyed watching my boys eat their meals. She said that she loved that my DS 12 told the waiter that Mom's food was better. :D

Now on the Dream my DH and I tried the free lunch and it was great. Did not try the free lunch on Breeze.

We have eaten at both Cucina on the Breeze and the Italian restaurant on the Jewel. I liked Cucina better. On the Jewel there are other specialty restaurants I would go to before their Italian restaurant, the Brazilian steakhouse, French restaurant or sushi.

Cucina is not the best Italian in the world but we liked it. Great bruschetta, I had eggplant parmesan and husband had chicken parmesan and we had cannolis. We celebrated my birthday there and I really enjoyed it.

9496364771_9d0f482995.jpg

Peach Bellini by alrichards4003, on Flickr

9496364703_2f457f2d49.jpg

Bruschetta with ricotta cheese and roasted garlic and tomatoes by alrichards4003, on Flickr

9496364835_b45bf7a635.jpg

Fried Calamari by alrichards4003, on Flickr

9496364877_f58e19c258.jpg

Birthday Canolli by alrichards4003, on Flickr

We dined there On The Breeze in September.

We loved it. The atmosphere. The staff. The service.

For the small amount of money, you get a nice salad. A bowl of minestrone soup that was very good. Bread that is beyond delicious. Baked with olives, dried pimentos, etc. Those were our soup and salad choices. They have Olive oil on the table to dip the bread.

For an entrée. .DH had the Grilled Shrimp. they were good. I was sorry I did not order that.

I had the chicken Parm. And while I ate it, it was beaten thin, breaded and then had cheese on top. I confess that the Chicken Parm at Olive Garden. That is thicker chicken. I just like it. And we have eaten in a lot of nice restaurants. Only one.. Patti's...has been better. They called it "boneless chicken" and served it cut thicker too. And One on Marco Island outside of Naples , Florida. Joseph's. And the food is...............delicious. If you are ever there.......go. The rates....for Marco Island.....are reasonable.

Dessert was tiramisu. it was served in a parfait glass. Lots of tiramisu. Lots of whipped cream. Just fabulous. I would have ordered another but shame....and knowing I would have get on the scales again one day............stopped me.

I think you would enjoy it.

We also had two glasses of wine with the meal. I had Zinfandel and DH had a red wine. We are not wine people, but do enjoy a glass with Italian food.

Edited by AmberTeka

We are going on a back 2 back in 44 days...first on Norwegian Jewel then Sunshine. Both ships have an Italian restaurant (my hubby's favorite). For those that have eaten at Cucina del Capitano or Mama's Italian or both can you please give me your opinion?

Thank you

I LOVED it on the NCL Jewel. It has been a while since we were on, but..

I had the chicken Parm. ( my favorite dish) and it was fabulous. The minestrone was good.

The atmosphere.....an Italian Farm Kitchen with benches.......nice. I liked it.

Liked the Italian restaurant on the Breeze. I wish we had dined there more than once. We did not go to the Free Lunch.