Enjoyed Cruising Seven Seas Navigator in Alaska

dod75701

My wife and I made our second cruise on Regents Seven Seas from Seward to Vancouver. My first suggestion is to DECLINE the motor coach from Anchorage to Seward. We bought tickets on the train and it was a delightful, beautiful journey that included a delicious breakfast. We arrived in Seward hours before the buses from Anchorage.

A second suggestion is that we used Luggage Free to ship our luggage from Texas to the ship. FedEx picked up our suitcases a week before departure so there was no hassle of last minute packing. The next time we saw the bags was when they were delivered to our suite.

When the shipboard registration began at noon, we were the first ones on board, we stored our hand luggage at the front desk and then walked back into Seward to enjoy it for several hours.

We were in a Navigator Suite 935 which is a great suite. It has a door to the bedroom so I could stay up late watching satellite movies while my wife went o bed earlier. The balcony furniture was padded wicker.

No cruise is perfect, but we love the luxury experience of Seven Seas. We took advantage of the spa and fitness center. We loved the food in Prime 7 for two nights and the Italian restaurant at night. Compass Rose comes in third, but was still nice.

The cruise the week before had been sabotaged by bad weather and the passengers were unable to make some of their ports of call and had rough seas. On this trip, the captain saw that the weather and seas in Sitka were bad, so he made a wise decision to go from Juneau to Ketchikan and avoid Sitka. We received a refund for the excursion we had bought there, but we applaud the captain for his decision. Ketchikan was a pleasant surprise, and although no excursions were possible, we enjoyed shopping and eating some delicious halibut and chips.

Overall, we give the cruise five stars. We'll sail Regent Seven Seas again.

Very good of you to post your review. Thank you.

If you have the time/inclination, would you please mention some of the excursions that you most liked, and perhaps any that you did not enjoy?

Thanks!

My wife and I made our second cruise on Regents Seven Seas from Seward to Vancouver. My first suggestion is to DECLINE the motor coach from Anchorage to Seward. We bought tickets on the train and it was a delightful, beautiful journey that included a delicious breakfast. We arrived in Seward hours before the buses from Anchorage.

A second suggestion is that we used Luggage Free to ship our luggage from Texas to the ship. FedEx picked up our suitcases a week before departure so there was no hassle of last minute packing. The next time we saw the bags was when they were delivered to our suite.

When the shipboard registration began at noon, we were the first ones on board, we stored our hand luggage at the front desk and then walked back into Seward to enjoy it for several hours.

We were in a Navigator Suite 935 which is a great suite. It has a door to the bedroom so I could stay up late watching satellite movies while my wife went o bed earlier. The balcony furniture was padded wicker.

No cruise is perfect, but we love the luxury experience of Seven Seas. We took advantage of the spa and fitness center. We loved the food in Prime 7 for two nights and the Italian restaurant at night. Compass Rose comes in third, but was still nice.

The cruise the week before had been sabotaged by bad weather and the passengers were unable to make some of their ports of call and had rough seas. On this trip, the captain saw that the weather and seas in Sitka were bad, so he made a wise decision to go from Juneau to Ketchikan and avoid Sitka. We received a refund for the excursion we had bought there, but we applaud the captain for his decision. Ketchikan was a pleasant surprise, and although no excursions were possible, we enjoyed shopping and eating some delicious halibut and chips.

Overall, we give the cruise five stars. We'll sail Regent Seven Seas again.

Thanks for taking time to post review.