Barbados - ShoreExcursioneer ?

Southendweather

They seem to do the trip around the whole island I would like to do, as the P&O excursions are limited in my view. The one I like is:

Beautiful Barbados, Highlights, Sightseeing and Lunch Excursion (S1634)

Basically it goes around the island from top to bottom and includes lunch.

Now Googleling I wonder how reliable they are, although the ones being critisised were not Barbados. Has anyone used them and are they safe to go with? You pay a deposit (15%) and the balance when joining the tour. Total $80 per person.

Any advice would be welcome or if a similar trip is done by another operator that can be recomended.

Thanks

Keith (Southend)

• 1 month later...

I've been checking with Glory Tours (seem to have good reviews on Trip Advisor) and also Tyrone Griffith (have seen people hear on CC that highly recommend him 3 to 4 hour tour with drop off and pick up at the beach for $40pp) the prices seem to be MUCH more reasonable!

• 3 weeks later...

We did Glory Tours in Barbados on our cruise a couple of months ago and were not impressed. They will combine you with people doing a different tour and make detours to get them to their attractions. A lot of time is wasted waiting for people to be set up and retrieved at attractions you are not visiting yourself. We were not told this until we were already underway on our tour and were tersely informed that they do this all the time. This never happened on any of our other 7 tours we took on our B to B in the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...
We chose to book with Tyrone Griffith so hopefully everything goes good! He will take us where we want to go and it sounds like it will be just our family.

He was also cheaper!

I know you said you were going to head up the Animal Flower cave with your Barbados tour. How much did it end up costing per person. My husband wants to go to the Boat House because it is walkable and a less busy a day, but I am still open to going up to the Caves if it's affordable.

@ cookingfor5

This is some of the email we sent each other

Thank you for taking time to email me. My name is Tyrone Griffith and I do an Island tour which lasts 3-4 hours for $40 USD per person. On completion of the tour I give you time at Carlisle Bay which is an excellent beach and return for you at a time stipulated by you to take you back to the ship. No additional cost.This is some of our things we really want to see Animal Flower Cave, the blowholes at Little Bay, Pico Tenerife at Cove Bay and Bathsheba Bay. Is this something you can do for us? If there is time after that you can hit some interesting highlights except not the distillery.

This is what we have requested we do not have to pay till the end of the tour!

I believe he can take 8 and at this point only 5 of us, (still hoping our son changes his mind but not looking like it!) let me know if you are interested.

• 7 months later...