Manhattan to JFK Airport Taxi vs Airporter Bus ?

Jasjas

We will be staying at Row NYC Hotel before flying to Anchorage at 15h10 on a Thursday in September 2015, for our Alaska cruise.

I have been looking at transport to JFK Airport...Taxi fare is twice the amount of the Airporter Bus, which departs a few minutes walk from our hotel.

Any thoughts PLEASE...

Sincere thanks.

Jasjas.

The Airporter is cheaper, but you have to walk to the bus stop, adhere to their schedule and share the bus with strangers.

A taxi or car service is more expensive, but you have the vehicle all to yourself, you set your departure time and it provides door-to-door transportation...no walking to the bus stop required.

It's your call...your preferences. Either way you'll get to the airport.

To me car service would rank #1, taxi #2 and Airporter #3, because privacy and my personal comfort is more important to me than price...but only your preferences are important to you.

We were very happy with the AirTrain to JFK from midtown last month.

For the sake of accuracy when others read this to get ideas about how to travel to and from JFK, you didn't take the AirTrain to JFK. You either took a subway or the Long Island Railroad to Queens, where you transferred to the AirTrain that took you to JFK. The AirTrain itself only runs in Queens, not in Manhattan.

Edited by njhorseman

The Airporter is not a bad option, I used it frequently in college (great student rate FYI) and never had a bad experience. But as njhorseman said it all about personal preference, my husband would much rather take a cab these days than get on a bus to get to the airport.