Divina Excursions

MsTabbyKats

Question....

On the website you can place a hold on excursions. But, they don't mention a time.

Although DH and I are not picky about food, being treated like royalty by the staff (joking), lack of hairy chest competitions etc....we are picky about excursion times. We don't like "bright an early ".

Can I safely assume that once on board there will be a schedule with assorted times?

Question....

On the website you can place a hold on excursions. But, they don't mention a time.

Although DH and I are not picky about food, being treated like royalty by the staff (joking), lack of hairy chest competitions etc....we are picky about excursion times. We don't like "bright an early ".

Can I safely assume that once on board there will be a schedule with assorted times?

If you pre-book your excursions,,you will receive your tickets in your stateroom the night before. You can book on-board,,just go to the excursion desk to find out times and availability.

Question....

Our experience with MSC excursions,,,

We booked the Swim with the Rays excursion in Grand Cayman with MSC, and it was great! Large boat, not crowded, friendly workers!

You stand in waist deep water about a mile off shore on a sand bar, and the Rays will come right up to you and rub themselves against you while you feed them! (food is provided by ship staff) Safe for everyone, non swimmers, children, etc.! After you're brought back to the shore, you are then bused to a private resort beach to spend a couple hours on the beach, eating, drinking! We will do this excursion again!

As we did a back to back 2 week cruise, we wanted to get off the ship on the Miami Port day in the middle of our 2 cruises, so we booked the 'Miami Big Bus' tour with MSC, another great excursion that took you on an 'open double decker bus' around Miami, and Miami Beach!

You can hop off, and get back on when you want, as there are tour buses running the tour route about every 20 mins.!

Only negative was I got an awful sun burn on the open bus, and missed our good bye get together with our Cruise Critic friends!

We found the excursion desk very helpful, and it can get busy, so be patient!

We also thought the prices were very reasonable!

Edited by American Bear

Thanks....

I wanted to pre-book on line but I'm concerned about the times. DH is newly retired....and likes going at a slow pace in the morning

The rep said that the times aren't definite until the day before the excursion, so, I've decided to wait, despite a higher price. The prices do seem very good. In case things don't work out...I have "do it yourself plans in mind.

Gambee posted the dailies which listed the meeting times and locations for many if not all of the excursions. That might help give you an idea. I would share the link but not that easy to do from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But it does help. It shows me that they are early.

I'll just wait for the cruise to book.....

Thanks. :)

They are usually early, like first off the boat early. Another reason I don't like organised shore excursions. I hate getting up early for work, don't want to do it on holiday.

Only safe bets are when the ship docks midday!

Question....

Yes, there will be schedule on board .But MSC not different from other lines (they all use shore local operators ) excursions should be from 8:30 to 10 am . unless you choose something far away from port . What are you looking for ?

Yes, there will be schedule on board .But MSC not different from other lines (they all use shore local operators ) excursions should be from 8:30 to 10 am . unless you choose something far away from port . What are you looking for ?

The only port I'm concerned about is Falmouth . 10 am would be fine.

Do you save any money pre-booking your excursions prior to departure over booking them on board the ship?

Not really Island. By reserving on-line,,you are guaranteed a spot on that shore excursion. Once you embark the ship,,that same shore excursion may be "Sold Out" and not available to book.

Not really Island. By reserving on-line,,you are guaranteed a spot on that shore excursion. Once you embark the ship,,that same shore excursion may be "Sold Out" and not available to book.

"They" (MSC rep) told me they are 15 per cent more if you book on the ship.

I sailed on the Divina on 20Sep2014. I had booked online - prior to departure- both the "Sea & See" excursion on St Maarten and a clamshell for GSC. I carried a copy of the booking with me. However, when I checked with the excursion desk on 22sep2014, I was informed that because I had not prepaid the excursion through a travel agency, I had been bumped by other passengers for the "Sea & See" excursion SMT026. Even with the paper copy of my booking we could not get us a spot on that excursion. Reluctantly we booked a bus trip around the island but were very disappointed, both by being seated on the non-scenic side of the bus and by the fact that we were expecting to go on a semi-submersible to view the sealife. No where does the website tell you that you must prepay, but again the website is pitiful. We learned the hard way.:mad:

I sailed on the Divina on 20Sep2014. I had booked online - prior to departure- both the "Sea & See" excursion on St Maarten and a clamshell for GSC. I carried a copy of the booking with me. However, when I checked with the excursion desk on 22sep2014, I was informed that because I had not prepaid the excursion through a travel agency, I had been bumped by other passengers for the "Sea & See" excursion SMT026. Even with the paper copy of my booking we could not get us a spot on that excursion. Reluctantly we booked a bus trip around the island but were very disappointed, both by being seated on the non-scenic side of the bus and by the fact that we were expecting to go on a semi-submersible to view the sealife. No where does the website tell you that you must prepay, but again the website is pitiful. We learned the hard way.:mad:

I knew this by talking to a rep. In addition...if you wait to pay until you are onboard...there's the 15% addition.

Their rule is if the excursion is canceled, they refund the money. If you book online....you have 7 days prior to the cruise to cancel.

I'm not sure what the policy is if you are onboard....and change your mind...or if you want to cancel less than 7 days before the departure.

Very strange :confused: I booked many times on web never had to prepay and never had problem .