Carnival Legend arriving in to Sydney - 22 Sept 2014

Here are a couple more that I took this morning after the debark.

333ga2x.jpg

b8v8gg.jpg

And one from inside the terminal as she was berthing

29cvyom.jpg

And back down there tomorrow to embark all the one nighters

Edited by gbenjo

Great photos gbenjo :D

Thank You for posting them :)

PS: Will you be doing the Carnival Legend in October??, if so I might see you there :)

No I will only be doing the Legend turnaround on the 16th Oct. and I will only be doing Royal & Celebrity pretty much through the summer ( I am supposed to be retired:D:D)

No I will only be doing the Legend turnaround on the 16th Oct. and I will only be doing Royal & Celebrity pretty much through the summer ( I am supposed to be retired:D:D)

I'll try to give you a wave as we board on the 16th. Is there much difference to the embarkation process between Carnival and RCI? And how will the reno's affect the process?

Mick

I'll try to give you a wave as we board on the 16th. Is there much difference to the embarkation process between Carnival and RCI? And how will the reno's affect the process?

Mick

To be honest I have not done the actual check in with Carnival, happy just doing the directional stuff,but the two processes are similar although Carnival do not collect any health forms ( just a basic, how are you today? type question) and they collect cash at check in whereas RCI do not, it is collected by the ship.

The reno's should make a massive difference with the area being increased in size by a third and we hopefully will see the end of a lot of those airport style queues and there wil be lounge areas etc .

The actual check in " process" will not change because of the reno's not, to say the cruise lines will not change ( modify/ improve) them. The new Quantum of the Seas apparently has a " check in at home" system and there will be no Sea Pass card but a wristband so you would assume that this system( if it works) will flow down to the other ships in the fleet ,eventually.

I was lucky enough to be on the one night sailing on Legend on the 23rd of September and I had a great time. It's actually made me reconsider sailing Carnival again. It was Aussiefied but there was still a touch of U.S. in there as well. They'll have the Seuss at Sea programme, along with Hasbro the Game Show, etc. all these things have previously only been on the U.S. based ships.

I was lucky enough to be on the one night sailing on Legend on the 23rd of September and I had a great time. It's actually made me reconsider sailing Carnival again. It was Aussiefied but there was still a touch of U.S. in there as well. They'll have the Seuss at Sea programme, along with Hasbro the Game Show, etc. all these things have previously only been on the U.S. based ships.

I dont actually do shows or many of the activities onboard but on Carnival Dream in June people were raving about the quality of the shows so perhaps Carnival will up the production quality on all its ships even the ones in OZ?

I dont actually do shows or many of the activities onboard but on Carnival Dream in June people were raving about the quality of the shows so perhaps Carnival will up the production quality on all its ships even the ones in OZ?

Sorry guys, really SILLY question. Hubby does NOT do any DRESS up, infact NEVER wore a suit, dreading taking his HAT off in dinning room !!!

Hoping its more relaxed OZZY style attire !!!! We are first time cruisers.

Any input wud be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again guys

Sorry guys, really SILLY question. Hubby does NOT do any DRESS up, infact NEVER wore a suit, dreading taking his HAT off in dinning room !!!

Hoping its more relaxed OZZY style attire !!!! We are first time cruisers.

Any input wud be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again guys

I have not yet been on the Carnival Legend, but I would think he will have to take off his hat to go in the dinning room and I think he will have to dress some what up (like a shirt & long pants) to go in the dinning room, if not he / you guys will be eating at the buffet.

I have not yet been on the Carnival Legend, but I would think he will have to take off his hat to go in the dinning room and I think he will have to dress some what up (like a shirt & long pants) to go in the dinning room, if not he / you guys will be eating at the buffet.

So Buffet style is NOT really the BEST food option !!! Ouch