Picture-A-Week 2013 - Week 38

pierces

Finally hung some of the family paintings. We go to a gallery every once in a while and they have a program where you come in and they provide the supplies and a little guidance and tada: masterpieces!

Now, which are mine???

20130921_195640.jpg

Finally hung some of the family paintings. We go to a gallery every once in a while and they have a program where you come in and they provide the supplies and a little guidance and tada: masterpieces!

Now, which are mine???

20130921_195640.jpg

Hmmmm. The surf and the turtle were done by the same adult. Butterflies, flower and butterfly, and cats by another adult. I'll bet a boy did the submarines and airplanes and a younger girl the animals and cupcake.

What a great family thing to do. Some coworkers and I did a lunchtime series of "learn to draw" lessons once at our art museum. While we certainly couldn't make a living with our art we all surprised ourselves at how well we did.

Our Saturday morning walk.

According to KK this is a gourd plant. The vines absolutely covered the wall between 2 houses and went over into the neighbors yard.

DSC05545_zpsbd779367.jpg

I love it when the clouds seem to be "caught" on the top of the mountain.

DSC05543_zps31444969.jpg

A pretty wall with wrought iron - very common here in El Paso.

DSC05547_zps966817cf.jpg

Had a pretty full moon the other night.

DSC05541_zps97120444.jpg

Love your pictures.

We had a full moon the other -- covered by clouds.

That flower is also like the ones for zucchinis -- weeks ago I posted a picture of that plant -- but the raccoon ate the flowers.

We had a gourd plant that took over part of our yard one year -- we got several black gourds from it.

That fence is gorgeous.

Hmmmm. The surf and the turtle were done by the same adult. Butterflies, flower and butterfly, and cats by another adult. I'll bet a boy did the submarines and airplanes and a younger girl the animals and cupcake.

What a great family thing to do. Some coworkers and I did a lunchtime series of "learn to draw" lessons once at our art museum. While we certainly couldn't make a living with our art we all surprised ourselves at how well we did.

Surf, Helicopter, Sub, Blue Cats, and Plane are mine - the surf one was from yesterdays' session (and I'm really stoked how well it came out!). Daughter did the Cupcake, Brown cat and Giraffes, and wife did the rest.

It is a great way to zone for a few hours and both the wife and daughter love to do it as much as I. It's getting popular so good chance a local gallery is doing it in your area. Ours does BYOB on Friday nights too!

DSC05543_zps31444969.jpg

I love it when the clouds seem to be "caught" on the top of the mountain.

Seems like I was flying over your neck of the woods one time and could see a whole front just piling up on a range of mountains, and then spilling over the top - so cool I still remember that one clearly.

Seems like I was flying over your neck of the woods one time and could see a whole front just piling up on a range of mountains, and then spilling over the top - so cool I still remember that one clearly.

It does that periodically. Looks like a huge roll of gray cotton stretched out over the mountain. If it's windy enough you can watch it move which is really eerie.

An org called Swim Above Water who is involved in raising Awareness about Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM) caused by exposure to a free-living amoeba that is present in all fresh-water sources. I was event photog at their fundraiser last year and they asked me back. This time featuring a top local band, GB Leighton:

AwarenessRocks_190_1-XL.jpg

Taken with a Nikon D700, Tamron 28-70 f/2.8, ISO2200

Finished with Nik filters.

An org called Swim Above Water who is involved in raising Awareness about Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM) caused by exposure to a free-living amoeba that is present in all fresh-water sources. I was event photog at their fundraiser last year and they asked me back. This time featuring a top local band, GB Leighton:

AwarenessRocks_190_1-XL.jpg

Taken with a Nikon D700, Tamron 28-70 f/2.8, ISO2200

Finished with Nik filters.

That was great that they invited you back.

Archived