YHA Sydney - The Rocks

CRUSINGFAMILY

I am wondering how many cruise critic folks have stayed at this place in a private double room? Wondering about cleanliness mostly.

We have a budget hotel booked that was getting very good reviews but recent ones have suggested that things are going downhill there and now we are only 1 1/2 months from departure and other hotels are very expensive.

Could this YHA be a good option?

I haven't stayed but friends have given it the thumbs up (middle 40's crowd), the other bonus is the preservation of the heritage on the ground floor and the spectacular views of the harbour from the roof top!

be aware though, it is a very steep walk to the hotel from the main areas of Sydney, some of it mountain goat steep. if you are fit and able it will be a challenge, but will be fine. I am pretty sure one of the train stations is nearby.

for a more central location the Central YHA is very well located and friends have rated it well.

I haven't stayed but friends have given it the thumbs up (middle 40's crowd), the other bonus is the preservation of the heritage on the ground floor and the spectacular views of the harbour from the roof top!

be aware though, it is a very steep walk to the hotel from the main areas of Sydney, some of it mountain goat steep. if you are fit and able it will be a challenge, but will be fine. I am pretty sure one of the train stations is nearby.

for a more central location the Central YHA is very well located and friends have rated it well.

Not sure if I would put it in the goat track category. Sure there are some "short cuts" that require some effort, but there are also alternatives (which I have used in the area) that are less challenging.

I often use the web cam that is on the roof of the Rocks YHA (just watched the Oosterdam depart) and it gives you a good perspective of where it is. The Cam can also be self controlled (max 75 sec).

Have a look here:

http://www.captiveye-therocks.com/camera_ds/camera.htm

Cheers

I am wondering how many cruise critic folks have stayed at this place in a private double room? Wondering about cleanliness mostly.

We have a budget hotel booked that was getting very good reviews but recent ones have suggested that things are going downhill there and now we are only 1 1/2 months from departure and other hotels are very expensive.

Could this YHA be a good option?

We booked there for 6 nights because of the ratings on Booking.com and TripAdvisor. It looks like a great location and the price is great too.