Kaui excursions

Biglar3364

Will be arriving in Kauai(Nawiliwili Harbor) via cruise ship arriving 7:00am to 3:00pm. Does anyone know of any excursions that will pick up at the cruise ship. The excursions on cruise line seem rather pricy. Would like to see highlights of the island or possibly go snorkeling. Thanks

It's a shame you're only there for such a short time. Kauai is a big place, with plenty of things to do and see. So a lot depends on what you'd like to do. You've expressed an interest in snorkeling - there's a great beach within walking distance of the pier, Kalapaki beach, but I don't know how it rates for snorkeling. (Note that you can also take the free Anchor Cove shops bus from the pier to the shops which are right by the beach).

With your limited time you might be better off on a ship's tour as that will insure that the ship will wait for you should your tour be late returning.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in Kauai I helio in the morning about 9:30am. I researched the web for company safety and price (about 1/2 less then ships tour). They came over to ship picked me up and brought me back after 45 mins. helio tour. You also want to helio in the morning due to trade winds in the afternoon. Then I did ship excursion for snorkeling. That way the tour made sure we got back in time.

We are cruising to Hawaii for the first time in October, but all the research we have done suggests that Kauai is the poorest island for snorkeling, but has many other strengths. We are going to attempt to go kayaking to the hidden falls. No reservations, no tour, will just head that direction and see if we can rent a kayak.

Don

We are cruising to Hawaii for the first time in October, but all the research we have done suggests that Kauai is the poorest island for snorkeling, but has many other strengths. We are going to attempt to go kayaking to the hidden falls. No reservations, no tour, will just head that direction and see if we can rent a kayak.

Don

Agree about the snorkeling. We snorkeled at Kealakekua Bay near Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii ( by Captain Cook's Monument ) and it was fantastic. The spinner dolphins rest and sleep in this bay during the day. It was facinating to be able to see them swim in unison while sleeping and we even got to see a few spinning jumps.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the POA in April. Our first day in Kauai we did Safari Helicopters. They were excellent and did pick us up at the ship. Although their website did not say that, I called before booking to confirm. Excellent tour, 55 minutes in the air. Second day we did a Roberts tour that took us to the other side of the island. It was also a good tour. They picked us up at the ship. It was a 1/2 day tour, since ship left at 2 pm.