Good tour guide needed for Cadiz/Seville. Any suggestions

vjb

We're going to be in Cadiz on Nov. 5 and are looking for a good tour guide. So far the quotes that I've received for a party of 4 have been very expensive.

Look into Spain Day Tours. They take 40-50 people but split you up into groups of around 15 once you get to Seville. We found them to be very good.

We did check Spain Tours. They were very nice and pleasant to deal with but we have decided that we really want a tour with just the 4 of us so we're going to take the train into Seville and a tour guide will meet us at the train station with a tour for just the 4 of us - 100 EU for 4

• 2 weeks later...

We just used Spain Day Tours last week. Fantastic service. Excellent guides. We were a group of about 30 on a large bus with a guide providing wonderful info as we drove. Once we got to Seville we split into two groups. Ours had 15. The stops made around Seville as well as the tour inside Alcazar was exceillent. Had we done the trip on our own, we would have missed a TON! We had free time to browse on our own after the "official" tours.

Ship tours are just too costly for what you get. The groups we saw had up to 50 people following one guide. No earphones to hear the guide. :rolleyes: We used the above company for both Seville and Alhambra.

We did a ships tour to Seville and a friend I made on my roll call used Spain Day Tours so we compared our days after the fact. Their cost is definitely less. However, I was very pleased with our guide, our bus had free wifi which made the 1 1/2 hour drive whiz by (thankfully I had taken my IPAD and IPHONE so we were both able to use a device!) and our tour included a very nice full buffet lunch with wine at a lovely hotel. Her tour did not include lunch.

Just make sure you know where the group is visiting. Her group did not visit the cathedral, which in my opinion is a must do. I have no idea why!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Just make sure you know where the group is visiting. Her group did not visit the cathedral, which in my opinion is a must do. I have no idea why!

When we used Spain Day Tours our guided tour ended in the plaza outside the cathedral with an hour plus of free time. Many in our group of ten -- their minimum for the per person group price was eight -- visited the cathedral independently.

We really like to travel independently. When you travel with 30 people you're only a fast as your slowest passenger. It's also not as personal as we like our tours to be. I am going to try using a British gentleman - Peter at Seville Concierge. He is going to meet us at the train station and give the 4 of us a tour for 100 EU He has received very good reviews on trip advisor and has been very prompt in responding to e-mails. Very easy to deal with. It's a very reasonable price for a tour that will be approximately 6 hours.:)

• 5 months later...
We did check Spain Tours. They were very nice and pleasant to deal with but we have decided that we really want a tour with just the 4 of us so we're going to take the train into Seville and a tour guide will meet us at the train station with a tour for just the 4 of us - 100 EU for 4

How was the tour and who was the tour guide? We are going in October and are trying to decide what to do.

Thanks