Purchasing Liquor

Velvet Teddy Bear

They have duty free shops on the piers with large selections.

You can try Eldon's Grocery in Coxen Hole or French Harbor. Some air passengers stop at Plaza del Mar near the airport. Prices at these places are cheaper than in West Bay or West End. There's also a Hiper Mega in French Harbor, but I don't know if they sell liquor or how their prices compare.

But neither port on Roatan have the large liquor retailers just outside the ports like St Maartin or St Thomas. Or even a Cosi type liquor store as in Cozumel.

• 4 weeks later...

The dutyfree shops at the piers have prices comparable to the ship prices but may have a wider selection depending on your ship. Eldon's has an okay selection as I recall (Guest 2000 have you been there lately?). But I can't tell you if there's a big difference like at AH Riise or Phillisburg. I know WestBay/West End places do charge more the Eldon's. Remember everything that comes into Roatan is imported and most places only carry what sells and aren't competing for a large cruise ship or vacationer presence, like St Thomas or Cozumel.

The dutyfree shops at the piers have prices comparable to the ship prices but may have a wider selection depending on your ship. Eldon's has an okay selection as I recall (Guest 2000 have you been there lately?). But I can't tell you if there's a big difference like at AH Riise or Phillisburg. I know WestBay/West End places do charge more the Eldon's. Remember everything that comes into Roatan is imported and most places only carry what sells and aren't competing for a large cruise ship or vacationer presence, like St Thomas or Cozumel.

I am so sorry, I do not drink and cannot help much.

I do agree everything is more expensive in West Bay.

Can't help with comparisom with St. Maarten, but this past May we bought liquor on the ship, Crowne Royal, during the special liquor sale. I checked all the places at port in each of our stops, Cozumel, Belize, costa Maya and Roatan. The ships sale was cheaper. It came with a guarantee that if you found a cheaper price on shore to take a photo of ad and you got OBC for difference. So I was trying.