Organizer (but not bag) for digital camera "stuff"

topkatz

Hi All -

First off, I didn't want to hijack one of the other posts for DSLR camera bags, so here goes...

I've been on the lookout for some sort of organizer for all the stuff that comes with my multiple P&S cameras.

When we go on vacations we take multiple P&S cameras. They each have spare batteries, a charging 'wall wart', cables, spare memory cards, etc. Add to that a 8" GorillaPod with spare adapters for each camera and a small case for each camera.

It's a lot of "stuff". We've been storing the cables and some parts in re-sealable quart freezer bags and then toss the in the carry-on bag. Trouble is, it's a pain to find things.

Does anyone have suggestions for some sort of "Roll-Up Organizer" that, when unrolled, lays flat that has a place for everything (and everything in it's place)? The main use is traveling en-route and in the cabin at the end of the day, not for use in the field.

On excursions, we each take a camera, spare memory cards and a spare battery. I don't need/want to take everything on every excursion. I want to lay my hands on what I need and keep it all organized without having to dump everything out every time we head out for the day.

TIA

Paul

Hi All -

First off, I didn't want to hijack one of the other posts for DSLR camera bags, so here goes...

I've been on the lookout for some sort of organizer for all the stuff that comes with my multiple P&S cameras.

When we go on vacations we take multiple P&S cameras. They each have spare batteries, a charging 'wall wart', cables, spare memory cards, etc. Add to that a 8" GorillaPod with spare adapters for each camera and a small case for each camera.

It's a lot of "stuff". We've been storing the cables and some parts in re-sealable quart freezer bags and then toss the in the carry-on bag. Trouble is, it's a pain to find things.

Does anyone have suggestions for some sort of "Roll-Up Organizer" that, when unrolled, lays flat that has a place for everything (and everything in it's place)? The main use is traveling en-route and in the cabin at the end of the day, not for use in the field.

On excursions, we each take a camera, spare memory cards and a spare battery. I don't need/want to take everything on every excursion. I want to lay my hands on what I need and keep it all organized without having to dump everything out every time we head out for the day.

TIA

Paul

How about a travel toiletries organizer that has zippered compartments that folds up? You can probably find one on amazon. We are going on the sunshine next month and I'm actually thinking of not bringing my dslr and gear and just taking my GOPRO. A little nervous about that and hoping I don't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jujibee

I had considered a toiletries organizer. There are a number to choose from but none seem to meet the need. I think something with mesh type pockets and elastic bands for the cables rather than zippered vinyl pockets (don't want to trap moisture inside) and vinyl gets stiff in the cold.

I had also considered a GoPro organizer but it seems too specialized.

I had considered some sort of roll-up jewelry organizer but the compartments are generally too small. I've even looked at something hand-made on Etsy, but nothing there fits the bill (or there too many choices :eek:). Perhaps I will have to design my own.

Paul

Thanks PerfectlyPerth and Don, your suggestions are definitely in the right direction.

While they are not quite what I'm looking for, the leads on Amazon using "What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item" are getting close.

Some days it seems like it's a giant treasure hunt, looking for just the right thing. :D

Thanks again,

Paul

Eagle Creek makes lightweight quality travel organizer bags. I have several and sometimes use small ones inside a bigger one for organizing camera gear. I will pack batteries in Ziploc snack size bags, then pack them in the Eagle Creek organizer. Sierra Trading Post (website) often has deeply discounted Eagle Creek travel items.

Keep this thread alive!

I am also searching for something small with easy access to organize chargers and batteries for travel. Even with Velcro wraps, small bags end up as a tangled pit.

I even explored the shooting equipment sites for small range bags since a NEX battery is close to a Glock magazine in cross section...nothing yet but I'll keep searching and hovering.

Dave

Edited by pierces