Solstice Live: Australia/NZ/Hawaii, Many Pix’s, Jan. 20-Feb. 3

TLCOhio

Just wasted an afternoon reading all your post, wasted is not right loved reading them all, now more confused than when I started we are doing New Zealand and OZ the opposite way that you did on the Solstice in November 14 we are also doing the Baltic on Eclipse in June14.

THank you for a wonderful read when you finish you blog please let me know as would like to read it all again. Thank you also for the tips for Oz & NZ. our route to NZ takes us from London to Dubai, Dubai to Auckland pick up ship Sydney to Singapore then back to Dubai then home to London.

John & Pam

Do you realise the flight between Dubai and Auckland is 15+ hours? You could always have another stopover in Singapore, so splitting your route by roughly 7 hours each sector, a little more bearable. Just a thought and hope it might help your planning. Enjoy your trip, you will have a wonderful time! :)

Personally, I would get off of the ship at 7:45 am or so, talk to a cab driver or two, make sure you can communicate well or OK in English, then have them take you on a tour around town, get an overall sampling, etc. We did that in Wellington, NZ, and it worked so well. It will cost a little, but it was well worth such a personalized tour, getting questions answered, etc.

Africa seems like a definite. Just need to plunge in for consider where to start, go, etc. Lots of good options there. But, it's a long, long ways to go.

Keep the excellent questions and comments rolling along.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Yes, you are definitely on our wavelength and we think that's an excellent idea and would possibly cost us no more than the charge for the two of us to go on a ship's tour that would not be as good. Thanks Terry!

If Africa is on the future planning board to maybe include Capetown and Johannesburg in South Africa, do make sure to include a visit to the Kruger National Park in order to see the 'Big Five' up close and personal. Yes, Africa is a long, long way to go, but no further than we travel to get 'Down Under' and you have to do these trips whilst still young enough to do it and enjoy. We come this way but once - go for it! :)

If Africa is on the future planning board to maybe include Capetown and Johannesburg in South Africa, do make sure to include a visit to the Kruger National Park in order to see the 'Big Five' up close and personal. Yes, Africa is a long, long way to go, but no further than we travel to get 'Down Under' and you have to do these trips whilst still young enough to do it and enjoy. We come this way but once - go for it! :)

quilter06: Hi Terry' date=' I am echoing Cie's post wondering[b'] if you have lists of tours, etc[/b]. from your Jan. New Zealand Australia cruise. We were booked on that cruise but in Nov. developed a deep veiinous thrombosis prohibiting me from air travel. So had to cancel but rebooked the exact trip for Jan. 4, 2015 when I am able to fly again. Up to then I was religiously reading your posts. We want to arrive Auckland 2 days pre cruise. After the cruise ends in Sidney we want to spend at least 2 days there and perhaps a few more days to places in Australia. I'm at a loss on how to plan the post cruise. We like private tours unless they are too strenuous on my knee replacement. Don't mind independent travel either. Plan to use Choice Air right now but I don't know dates to book. Any suggestions will be so appreciated. We live in Maysville, Ky. so we're almost neighbors! Many, many thanks in advance! Joanne

snowyboy: Just wasted an afternoon reading all your post' date=' wasted is not right.[b'] loved reading them all, now more confused than when I started[/b]. we are doing New Zealand and OZ the opposite way that you did on the Solstice in November 14 we are also doing the Baltic on Eclipse in June14. THank you for a wonderful read when you finish you blog please let me know as would like to read it all again. Thank you also for the tips for Oz & NZ. our route to NZ takes us from London to Dubai, Dubai to Auckland pick up ship Sydney to Singapore then back to Dubai then home to London. John & Pam

Cie: Thank you I am soo looking forward to this having read your postings. Galapagos will wait for another year

Appreciate so much the nice comments and follow-ups from Essexlass2' date=' Joanne, John & Pam and Cie. Sorry, but in the last week, I got jammed up on several different work projects, plus distracted with the start of the NCAA March Madness. Lots of very good college basketball fun and excitement. Hoping to get caught up this weekend.

Excellent wisdom, as always, from our UK friend to encourage Africa as a priority and his noting: [i']"have to do these trips whilst still young enough to do it and enjoy"[/i]. For Joanne, yes, Maysville, Ky., does almost make us neighbors. You definitely want to think hard and creatively consider your many great opportunities for the pre- and post-cruise options in New Zealand and Australia. Those options, including for Hawaii as a flight break-up/stop-over, all worked so super well for us. Our plan is not always best for everyone else, but it should give ideas to consider.

Hope that I didn't confuse John & Pam too much. We did lots. It does take some advance planning and careful consideration as the potentials are so many. Lots of ways to put things together, consider your order/flow from these various stops, etc. Good luck on your Baltics trip on the Eclipse in June. Hope things work out OK for getting to St. Petersburg given the current Eastern Europe tensions.

More to come!! Soon, hopefully!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,032 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Terry

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I have a question about the USS Arizona Memorial that was pictured at the beginning of your review. Is it true that you can not carry a purse to the Memorial? How about a camera case? Small tote for water?

Also, were there lockers?

Thank you.

Hi Terry. Thank you for your wonderful review. I have a question about the USS Arizona Memorial that was pictured at the beginning of your review. Is it true that you can not carry a purse to the Memorial? How about a camera case? Small tote for water? Also, were there lockers? Thank you.

Appreciate your excellent question on the USS Arizona site/rules. I asked my wife and she remembered some restrictions. I had to leave my camera bag on our tour bus. Same with her purse being left there.

In double-checking their website, it says: "Strict security measures prohibit purses, handbags, fanny packs, backpacks, camera bags, diaper bags, luggage and/or other items that offer concealment. Visitors may bring cameras, cell phones, and wallets, although since no bags are allowed, you are encouraged to pack lightly. A storage facility operated by the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park is available in the immediate area of the entrance to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. There is a nominal storage fee of $3 per bag. The storage facility is in operation daily 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Visitors may use the same bag storage and parking stall for visits to all Pearl Harbor Historic Sites."

Their website is:

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

When I did my original postings from Hawaii, I was limited in time and only posted two of my visuals from that memorable setting. Below are six more to better reflect its importance and beauty.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 137,484 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is a closer view of the USS Arizona Memorial as we were approaching on our Navy launch from the shore/museum area. Second is a closer view of part of the ship that rises up from sunken battleship main part that rest under the water. Third is an example for some of the oil that still leaks up to the surface at this location. In this picture, you can also see under the water to reveal some of the steel from the ship's structure that rests at this site.:

USSAriz2A1_zpsdb1df4a8.jpg

USSAriz2A12_zps44651945.jpg

USSAriz2A11_zps36c09a60.jpg

Inside of this famed memorial, there is this large shrine room with all of the names of the 1,177 crewmen on the wall who lost their lives on the USS Arizona. Their names are engraved on this marble wall. This is the final resting place for many of those who lost their lives on December 7, 1941. This 184-foot-long Memorial structure spans the mid-portion of the sunken battleship and consists of three main sections. The final picture is a view of this memorial from its other side as we observed when we were departing.:

USSAriz2A13_zpsf4a931b0.jpg

USSAriz2A14_zps27295fc1.jpg

USSAriz2A15_zpsc1303a52.jpg

As a "birder" I particularly enjoyed your flora/fauna photos, but everything was great. Thanks for doing this. Cinda

Appreciate your follow-up and comments. Personally, I am not a big "birder", but our best friends, Janet and Dennis, are super strong in that area. That helped encourage us to do more in that direction. AND, being down under, offered lots and lots of great options and potentials. PLUS, with my new Nikon D7100 camera and lens, it made it easier to get better photo results. One of our highlights was seeing the gannets at Cape Kidnappers so "up close and personal". That morning there was totally awesome.

In checking the Wall Street Journal this morning, the Aussie dollar is up to $0.9230. Big jump up from what we enjoy around 88-89 cents when there in January. From the Sidney Morning Herald and other Fairfax newspapers in Australia this morning, they have this headline: "Australian dollar hits new 2014 high ahead of Glenn Stevens speech" with these highlights: "Australia's dollar has hit a fresh 2014 high on growing speculation that China will turbo-charge its slowing economy. The Aussie was the best performing currency in overnight Tuesday in overseas trade. The local unit continued rise came despite international media talking it down, saying the Aussie was expensive considering there will be less demand for resources as China's growth eases. But traders are hopeful Beijing will accelerate stimulus measures to stabilise its economy. Last week Chinese authorities approved five railway projects worth 142 billion yuan ($A25.03 billion). Credit Suisse China economist Dong Tao expected it to be the beginning of a minor stimulus and expected more projects involving city tracks, anti-pollution and clean energy to be announced. The Aussie is fetching about US91.65¢ and some traders are expecting it to rise to as high as US95¢."

Full story at:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/currencies/australian-dollar-hits-new-2014-high-ahead-of-glenn-stevens-speech-20140326-35h2z.html

Our travel agent is now back from her later February and early March travels doing the South Pacific, NZ, Australia and then to what was Burma. She sent out this week the checks to the folks in our group as a "refund" on the free room we got from Celebrity for putting together a group of eight couples. That check helps much, especially as it gets closer to tax time. If any questions for how put together this type of group, just post here and let me know. Part of it is having a good travel agent who knows how to do such efforts.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,451 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Edited by TLCOhio

Hi Terry. Thank you for your wonderful review. I have a question about the USS Arizona Memorial that was pictured at the beginning of your review. Is it true that you can not carry a purse to the Memorial? How about a camera case? Small tote for water? Also, were there lockers? Thank you.

With this recent question and my posting on the USS Arizona, I happened to catch today this article about this important Hawaii historic site in the Auckland, NZ newspaper.

From NZ Herald this morning, they have this headline: "Hawaii: Tribute to lost souls" with these highlights: "In 1941, Hawaii's Pearl Harbor looked very different from what visitors see today. Instead of being circled by the suburbs and freeways of urban Honolulu, the surrounding land was largely sugar fields. On the harbour, the scene was quite different, too. Today a handful of vessels are docked at the US military base. On December 7, 1941, however, more than half the US Pacific Fleet was in Hawaii - 150 vessels, including all but one of the fleet's battleships. Most were moored at quays on Ford Island, in what was known as Battleship Row. The surprise Japanese attack on the morning of December 7 sunk or crippled 21 vessels and killed more than 2400 people - almost half those lives lost on the battleship USS Arizona. At 8am, an 800kg armour-piercing bomb penetrated the Arizona's hull, setting off a massive explosion in its ammunition magazine. It sank in minutes, killing 1177. Fittingly, the key site at Pearl Harbor today is the USS Arizona memorial - a floating tribute over the sunken wreck of the battleship."

Full story at:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=11225398

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 18,248 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Hello, per your request, I would like to pick your brain on your "Suite" experience. Any times on what to ask our butler for and what perks did you receive?

quilter06: Sorry that this question is unrelated to your post however my curiosity wants to know.......how formal was formal nights on your australia/new Zealand cruise? We're booked on the jan. 4 cruise. Many thanks !

Appreciate these two good questions. For Marketa24 as I understand you will have a Royal Suite upcoming on the Celebrity Silhouette for April 6 to the western Carib. Lots of room in that large suite with a very roomy balcony. One of the big pluses in that RS is that you have a dining table/area that can seat up to six. With your Butler' date=' they can [b']arrange a "private dinner"[/b] with food choices off of the Main Dining Room menu for that evening, etc. Serve it in courses, etc. That can be fun. Invite some folks in to enjoy the "experience". When doing the Norway Coast in July 2010, we had a Butler and did a "Party" with pizza and other treats in our room as we watched the Wold Cup game on TV, saw the coastal scenery go by, etc. It was a great, fun night.

You have a tendered port in George Town, Grand Cayman. You'll get priority timing off of the ship and on the tender. That saves time. Your Butler can make arrangements for speciality dining times (you'll get one for free with the Suite) and for dining at Blu. Definitely do Blu!! A key "secret" is that you get two pages of "Elite" coupons. That save money on laundry, Internet, etc. KEY POINT: Talk with your Butler early in the cruise. Ask for their suggestions, tell them what you like to make things better, more special, etc. For later afternoons, tell them any "treats" you'd like to have delivered to your room. You get a better selection of options for breakfast in your room. Ask about any special tours, such as seeing the Bridge, etc. The biggest plus is having more room and comfort. Your cruise is only seven days. Ours was 14 days and that extra space made things work better, allow more comfort to relax and unwind. Other questions?

FORMAL NIGHTS: For quilter06, with us and the others in our group of six other couples, we were doing lots before and after our cruise. All of us "declined" the honor for bringing tuxes and the formal stuff. Being gone for a full month plus, our luggage extra space was limited and we did not want to complicate things too much. Of our three formal nights on our Sydney-Auckland Solstice cruise, one of them was while were doing the overnight excursion to Queenstown. For the other two formal nights we did dining in the speciality places where things are more relaxed with the dress-up requirements. Based on what we saw around on our two formal nights, maybe a third of the passengers were doing the more exact formal thing. Many were just doing the dark suit, etc. Didn't see any big formal "gowns" on the ladies. People looked nice, but nothing too fancy. Nobody seemed too uptight and/or worried on these formal things. Live and let live. Aussies and NZ'ers are not as formal as those from the UK, in parts of Europe, etc. Does this help?

Keep the good questions rolling along. Don't be shy!! The only "dumb" questions are the ones you don't ask.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 21,125 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Thanks Terry, that is just what I wanted to hear about formal nights. We're doing several nights pre and post cruise and will try to pack as lightly as possible. Will be in Aqua class and eating mostly in Blu so on formal nights just looking "nice" should be OK. Agree?

Thanks Terry, that is just what I wanted to hear about formal nights. We're doing several nights pre and post cruise and will try to pack as lightly as possible. Will be in Aqua class and eating mostly in Blu so on formal nights just looking "nice" should be OK. Agree?

Marketa24: Perfect' date=' thanks so much for your response! [/quote']

Glad this info is helping. YES, seems correct summary on "just looking 'nice' should be OK." Keep up the good questions and comments.

From Variety, the entertainment publication yesterday, they have this headline: "Where Films Shoot, Tourist Dollars Follow" with these highlights: " 'Tourism is the gift that keeps on giving,' says Gregg Anderson, general manager for the Americas and Europe at Tourism New Zealand. According to film tourism consultant Stefan Roesch, author of the book 'The Experiences of Film Location Tourists,' there are three levels of film and TV tourists. Level one includes those who make a special trip because they’re hardcore fans. The second group consists of the casual fan who visits a location or takes a guided tour as part of a larger holiday experience. Then there are those who simply have a general curiosity about where films and TV shows are made. 'We had people who hadn’t read the books and hadn’t seen the films, but still paid hundreds of dollars for ‘Lord of the Rings’ day tours,' says Roesch. Although 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy has brought visitors to New Zealand, Anderson believes director Peter Jackson’s other J.R.R. Tolkien adaptation, 'The Hobbit,” which is only two films into a planned trilogy, has already had a greater effect on tourism. He says that in the 12 months after the first installment was released, visitor arrivals increased by about 13%."

Clearly these Jackson and other movies have helped raise interest and awareness for NZ tourism. It's a super beautiful country with nice people and dramatic scenery.

Full story at:

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/where-films-shoot-tourist-dollars-follow-1201146537/

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that I did on the Italy board that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling the great history and architecture. This posting has now had over 35,750 views and I appreciate those who have dropped by and tuned in.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Hi Terry,

Our cruise ends in Sidney on Jan. 18. We plan to stay a few days. DH wants those days to be as stressless as possible so is considering the Viator 4 day tour. At first I considered doing Alice Springs, etc. but now think we'll just stay in the greater Sydney area. If you have time take a look at that Viator tour and tell me what you think...........please! Haven't made return flight reservations yet but probably will book with Choice Air to CVG. Good idea?

Many thanks for all the very expert and kind advice that you give to all of us!

Very Impressive photo review...really fine photos...and great information. :):):):)

quilter06: Hi Terry' date=' Our cruise ends in Sidney on Jan. 18. We plan to stay a few days. DH wants those days to be as stressless as possible so is considering the Viator 4 day tour. At first I considered doing Alice Springs, etc. but [b']now think we'll just stay in the greater Sydney area[/b]. If you have time take a look at that Viator tour and tell me what you think...........please! Haven't made return flight reservations yet but probably will book with Choice Air to CVG. Good idea? Many thanks for all the very expert and kind advice that you give to all of us!

Appreciate so much the nice, kind comments from our friend in Gettysburg, Pa., including the four smileys. Cute!!

For our Kentucky neighbor near Cincinnati, I tried and tried to find more info on the Celebrity website for what is involved on the "Viator tour", but no luck or success. Sorry! Sadly, Celebrity has a website with its "issues" and challenges. Tell me more on that four-day option's details, costs, stops, etc. Your post-cruise time and choices are very, very important. Much depends on what you like to see and do. Are you more focused on nature/wildlife . . . versus . . . cities/urban areas? I am sure that in and around Alice Springs can be very good, but our skilled travel agent cautioned, correctly, that in January this area can be very, very hot and buggy! That is why we had the Great Barrier Reef/rainforest and Kangaroo Island as our pre-cruise priorities. As my photos and reports documented, both of those worked out so super, super well for us. Actually, totally awesome would be a better description.

We loved Sydney, too. But, it gets back your priorities, needs and interests. We have done 22 different countries in Europe, so we have seen lots of top cities, great museums, etc. Nature and wildlife were our top goals for Australia. That's us! What about you?

It takes lots of time and money to get down there to Australia and NZ. My view and our success was to maximize those "opportunities" before and after the cruise. Don't know on Choice Air through Celebrity. Personally, I like to be in control of those options, times, etc. Fortunately, we were able, with skill and hard work on my end, to do most all of our flights on Frequent Flyer miles and to have business class' added comfort, etc.

This live/blog is now approaching 48,000 views. Glad to get lots of interest, questions, comments, etc. Keep it coming!! Weather is still marginal in Ohio now. Snow scheduled to come later today. Wish we were back in the sun and glory of Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii. Spring, hopefully, will be here soon, maybe!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,880 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Hi Terry,

Sorry that I was not more clear. To see what is offered on the 4 day tour you must go to

Viator.com and search under Sydney tours. I used that company in Paris for several tours and was very pleased. They offer a 5% discount if 3 tours are booked at the same time with a phone rep. I was wondering what you thought of their itinerary compared to the Celebrity shore excursions. The Viator package gives free time to do independent activities also. You have my attention to plan to go to Barrier Reef and Kangaroo Island! Warning..this may mean a bunch more questions for you! :)

Many thanks..........

Hi Terry, Sorry that I was not more clear. To see what is offered on the 4 day tour you must go to Viator.com and search under Sydney tours. I used that company in Paris for several tours and was very pleased. They offer a 5% discount if 3 tours are booked at the same time with a phone rep. I was wondering what you thought of their itinerary compared to the Celebrity shore excursions. The Viator package gives free time to do independent activities also. You have my attention to plan to go to Barrier Reef and Kangaroo Island! Warning..this may mean a bunch more questions for you! :) Many thanks..........

Appreciate the added follow-up from our Maysville, Ky., "neighbor". Didn't realize till I checked this am that you are not as close to Cincinnati as I had thought. You're across from Ohio's Brown County. Know that area well. Was down all day Monday along the Ohio River around Ironton, Huntington, WV, and Ashland, Ky., with a local official there. Happy to keep getting questions from you and others.

I looked at the Viator website. It looks like they are a "packager" of local tours/connections in various markets around the world. Have not worked with them. It can work. It gets back to what you most want to do, see and enjoy. How to put it "together"?? Through them or do it yourself by picking your own hotel, what tours to do, etc. Lots of great options in and around Sydney. You can do much on your own. Or, do this "package" with this company. Their better hotel option, Grace Hotel, has a good location in the central business district, but it is not as handy to the Rocks, Opera House and key harbor attractions. Trade-offs?? There is no one "perfect" way to put together all of your time and package it for this great city and country. Keep working our your options for Barrier Reef and Kangaroo Island. Look forward to your next questions and to see how your planning evolves.

Now over 48,300 views for this live/blog. THANKS to those who have tuned-in! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 138,436 views.

Wish we were back in Australia and New Zealand. BUT, here are two pictures below from this morning in Ohio. Snow on the ground on March 30, but lots of sunshine to brighten things. Plus, excellent NCAA March Madness basketball this afternoon.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,965 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

From this morning in Columbus, Ohio, we have BOTH snow on the ground (light) and bright sunshine. First, the view from our family room patio with lots of trees in our backyard, hillside areas. Second, from my study patio looking down on the roadway, creek in our ravine portion of Clintonville in north Columbus. Nice and scenic!! Sun makes everything look wonderful.:

Snow3-30A1_zps582ba4e2.jpg

Snow3-30A_zps0764b2f0.jpg

Terry,

I would like to add my thanks too - we have been looking at the Christmas 2014 cruise from Sydney to Auckland and after reading your posts it has convinced us that this would be a great choice. Cheers, Rob

Edited by jusrob
spelin

We will be booking 14 night NZ to Sydney for 2016 on our upcoming cruise. I'm so excited.I guess I need to read your posts from last to first?

I really appreciate that you took the time to do this. Thank you.

Karen Mason Ohio

Hi Terry!

Very happy to see you had a great time in my homeland. I enjoyed reading your posts on the Ausralian/NZ board.

Your pics are amazing - i was hoping you may be able to help me as I'm having trouble..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42334153#post42334153

(don't want to hijack your thread)

Many thanks!

Terry, I would like to add my thanks too - we have been looking at the Christmas 2014 cruise from Sydney to Auckland and after reading your posts it has convinced us that this would be a great choice. Cheers, Rob

boingy300: We will be booking 14 night NZ to Sydney for 2016 on our upcoming cruise. I'm so excited.I guess I need to read your posts from last to first? I really appreciate that you took the time to do this. Thank you. Karen Mason Ohio

Xcitdcruiser: Hi Terry! Very happy to see you had a great time in my homeland. I enjoyed reading your posts on the Ausralian/NZ board. Your pics are amazing - i was hoping you may be able to help me as I'm having trouble..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...3#post42334153

(don't want to hijack your thread) Many thanks!

Appreciate so much these above nice comments. Glad that I am helping Aussie-NZ tourism and bookings with Celebrity. I'm sure they'll be send my my "commission check". Just joking! It's been fun sharing. Just this morning' date=' this live/blog [b']went over 50,000 views![/b] Glad so many have tuned in, shared comments, asked questions, etc. Keep it coming!! Still have more to share and assemble on my end.

Now in Charlottesville, Va., with our two wonderful grandsons, ages 42 months and 20 months. Cute and fun. Will share more later on their gift items we brought back from down under for them, their interests in trains, kangaroos, etc.

For Xcitdcruiser, I'll try to respond on your tread in the next day or so. I use Photobucket and there are charges as your files and posting there get larger. That service has worked out well for me.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 139,364 views.

Lots in the news now, including watching on the Today Show, about Kate and the two future Kings being in New Zealand. They had Maori nose rubs in Wellington. Kate said she could not wait to visit NZ. With good reason, based on our experiences there. Super loved New Zealand, its beauty, people, sights, etc.

From the Daily Mail in London this morning, they have this headline: "Gorgeous George: Regal in red Kate wears Queen’s New Zealand brooch as she arrives in Wellington… but it’s her baby prince who steals the show" with these highlights: "He may be only eight months old. But Prince George made an assured appearance on his debut royal tour this morning. Arriving in New Zealand on the first day of a three-week trip Down Under, the third in line to the throne took the windswept welcome in his stride. After disembarking in Wellington, the Duke and Duchess enjoyed a traditional ceremonial welcome at Government House where they were met by traditional Maori warriors as well as a local dignitary, who rubbed noses with William and Kate as they stood on the soggy lawn outside the stately home. The traditional Maori greeting is called a Hongi, and it is done by pressing one's nose and forehead to another person in an encounter." Lots of cute, interesting pictures in connection with this Daily Mail story, plus many more links for coverage about their long trip.

Full story at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598337/Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-begin-New-Zealand-Australia-tour-Prince-George.html

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that I did on the Italy board that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling the great history and architecture. This posting has now had over 35,770 views and I appreciate those who have dropped by and tuned in.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Edited by TLCOhio