Has anyone done woodwind with a toddler?

masim17

We have woodwind booked but I was just told I can not swim with my granddaughter near the boat. Has anyone done this tour with a non snorkeling toddler? I'd hate to have to keep her on the boat the entire time. Any suggestions of something else to do?

Read through many of their reviews looking for info on small children. We will have a 4 year old with us. Seen where the staff brought a blow up pool for a booked 2 year old. Seen other comments where the child went swimming.

What we are doing is starting her in our pool snorkeling prior to going

Just did the Woodwind trip a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I wouldn't take a toddler on that boat. It has no "room to roam" and will, of course, be "tippy" for a toddler. They don't keep the boat in one spot, thus the ban on swimming near the boat.

Woodwind is an absolutely top-notch experience, but not for a baby. Even that four-year-old I'd be leery about unless she is really comfortable snorkeling. Dee is terrific with meeting the needs of her customers, so a pre-schooler who's comfortable in the gear would be well-handled, I'm sure.

Thanks for your replies. We decided to cancel my husband, granddaughter and myself, which Dee thought was a good idea. Although I hate the thought of missing this, my husband and I have snorkel end many many times, so we will enjoy some alone time with Delia. My son and daughter in law are still going, so they will have a fabulous snorkeling tour--alone! Win, win. Anyone looking to book with them we cancelled 3 reservations for 10/12, in case they were booked.

• 5 months later...

I also canceled my 4 year old granddaughter and myself. It would not have been fair to her, me, the others on the trip nor the staff. The other 4 in our group went and loved it. They want to go again.

This summer has had great improvements in her ability and hope to rebook the entire family next year.

We have woodwind booked but I was just told I can not swim with my granddaughter near the boat. Has anyone done this tour with a non snorkeling toddler? I'd hate to have to keep her on the boat the entire time. Any suggestions of something else to do?

You might want to consider the Spice Beach Club. Very good snorkeling!

Big plus for you is there's a nice larger pool and a kiddie pool.

One of you could snorkel while the other plays in the pool with your granddaughter. :)

http://www.spicebonaire.com