Oasis Post-Renovation Specialty Restaurant Question

Cindy

I'm one of the people who received notification today that our Chef's Table reservation has been cancelled because Oasis will no longer have Chef's Table. In addition to a refund, we are also being given a complimentary meal in the specialty restaurant of our choice. The e-mail went on to say we will be contacted on-board to make the reservation.

I decided to get on my planner and look at the menus for Izumi and Solarium Bistro, since we already have reservations for Giovanni's Table, 150 Central Park, and Chops. I struck out...the new Izumi menu isn't posted yet, and Solarium Bistro isn't listed as a restaurant option! Has anybody heard anything about that restaurant going away?

I also found out in a conversation with C&A today that at this time Coastal Kitchen reservations will only be taken on-board. I will probably have the concierge switch all my MTD reservations to Coastal Kitchen the day we board. I'm excited to try something different!:D

I thought I read that they were going to leave Solarium Bistro in place, though I cannot explain why it can not be booked.

I thought so too, and I was surprised when it didn't show up at all.:confused: Of course, in true RCI IT department form, Chef's Table is still available!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Izumi is supposed to open some time in November. So it might not be available for your cruise.

My DH asked yesterday about the Chef´s Table and yes, it´s not anymore. They still don´t know whether (and especially where) it might be reinstalled after Dynamic Dining starts. So it might be back or not.

I haven´t heard anything about Solarium Dinner not being available anymore. I really highly recommed it!! Great food!!

steamboats

Cindy, I just received an answer by my DH (from onboard) who says Solarium Dinner is up and running.

steamboats

I thought it was, and I've even seen pictures of dinner there from this cruise! Just one of those RCI IT things, I guess!:rolleyes: