San Pedro; road trip from Las Vegas, suggestions, please!

Aroni

I assume you'd like to avoid downtown. You'll be on the I-15 coming in from Vegas. Just stay on the I-15 southbound until you get to the route 91 freeway. Take the 91 West to the I-110 south.

Take the I-110 south and you'll go to the end of the freeway. Take the exit that says Vincent Thomas Bridge/Long Beach/Terminal Island. You'll then see a sign for Harbor Blvd.. Take the Harbor Blvd. exit. Watch the lane markings; you will want to be in the lane that goes straight across Harbor Blvd. The cruise terminal is right in front of you. I'm sure you'll see your ship right in front of you. You will stop at the guard who will then direct you around the parking lot so you can pull up in front of the terminal to drop your passengers and luggage. Then you go back past the guard, enter the parking lot, and park your car.

Thank you so much, pvmkmyer! Yes, I certainly do want to avoid downtown!

I'm sailing on Princess and believe it does depart in San Pedro. I will be staying at the Crown Plaza which I understand is just a few blocks from the pier....so....I am going to print out your directions:) and tuck them in with my travel plans ....thank you again for your advice!

We drove over from Fort Mohave this winter and I printed the directions and maps off Mapquest for both coming and going. Then had DW act as the "nagrivator" reading me the directions as we went along. It worked like a darn for us.

It should be a 4 hour drive if you have no traffic. With the cost of gas we decided USAir for $49 each way was cheaper then driving. We're flying into Long Beach to avoid LAX. But it is a very nice drive.

Archived