booking speciality restaurants on Queen Victoria

Gingerbread Girl

Hi

I will be taking my first Cunard cruise in June 2017 and my cruise personaliser has just started allowing me to pre-book the verandah restaurant - which I will do for a couple of evenings.

There does not seem to be any facility to pre-book lunches in the verandah. I understand that the verandah does offer lunches -so do these bookings need to be made on board?

Also I am interested in going for some evening meals in the speciality table-service restaurants they set up in the Lido (Asian, Indian, Steakhouse etc). The cunard website says these are popular and important to book early, but this is not showing at all on my personaliser. Does this have to be done on board? If so, will I need to make all my bookings on first day of cruise?

Thanks for any advice you can give and also your feedback on these speciality restaurants

We have never had a problem booking the Verandah once on board either for lunch or dinner in fact the last time there were 10 of us and they accommodated us quite easily ( dinner ) the food was superb and the service even more so, I am a very plain eater so I did struggle slightly with the menu but I needn't have worried they were more than happy to adapt it to suit me.