Chocolates?

Just off the Fantasy today, never received any chocolates at turn down between 5 cabins booked. I don't really care for the chocolates anyway but thought it was odd. Forgot to ask my steward about it. Did Carnival do away with chocolates or was my sailing just out of them like they ran out of pretzels and bananas?

Edited by kids-in-2-centuries

Just off the Fantasy today, never received any chocolates at turn down between 5 cabins booked. I don't really care for the chocolates anyway but thought it was odd. Forgot to ask my steward about it. Did Carnival do away with chocolates or was my sailing just out of them like they ran out of pretzels and bananas?

They always run out of bananas. Last cruise a person at our table ordered a banana split for dessert. Waiter brought a dish with no bananas in it. When asked about it, he replied " we're out of bananas ". :)

Everything about the cruise was fine. I wont go on the Fantasy or any Fantasy class ships again though. We picked this sailing because we took my in-laws on their first cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary, and my FIL will not fly. We drove to Charleston and paid more for this cruise than if we had gone on a bigger ship plus airfare. I have two teenage boys and the amenities and shows on the bigger ships are far better than what the Fantasy has to offer. While everything was fine and my in-laws had a great time, I kept thinking the entertainment on the ship must be hosted by people in training. There were only two playlist production shows for a 7 day cruise, two variety acts that I was not impressed by and not much else going on. Even trivia was scheduled odd and hard to find. Again I am sure some people really enjoy what the Fantasy has to offer, but I just kept thinking I wish I was on another ship :(

I guess I missed the news that chocolates were going bye-bye. I don't miss those chocolates but I do miss the idea of them. I still have some from December on the Sunshine. Maybe I should see what they're going for on eBay :)

There was a whole thread I started but I can't find it.