Changing planes and gates

tinyrose

Is there a site that tells what gates planes arrive at and depart from?

Reason I am asking is that Delta has switched our departure and arrival times for our CMH-CVG-SEA flights on 9-8-07. We only have 48 minutes at CVG to change planes. I would really like to know what gate we arrive at and what gate we will be departing from.

Thanks for your help.

Rosetta

Go to Delta.com

Use the Flight Status to enter the flight information. It will show you what gate the flight used (or will use) to board and deplane. You can check what happened yesterday, today and tomorrow (Three Days--one of my favorite k.d.lang songs <grin>).

Paul

No, there is not a website that lists this information for any airport and/or any airline in the US. As you can imagine, gate information can change quite rapidly--although as ab0si notes, one can get some strong clues. Some airport websites display in real-time the arrival and departure monitors seen in terminals and thus, at times, actual gate information can be obtained. Unfortunately, CVG does not do this. However, their website states the following: CVG is one of the easiest airports to navigate thanks to its modern design and lack of congestion. In most cases, 30 minutes is more than adequate time to connect.

Just keep in mind that on your day of travel, gate assignments can be all mixed up due to any number for reasons. So do be sure to listen on-board your original flight for the gate (if they announce it) and in addition/or if not, check the monitors at CVG when doing the transfer for the most current gate information.

The gates you see on delta.com for these three days MAY BE the ones you use. Airliines frequently change gates. I was in Chicago last month and our flight's gate was changed twice during the two hours before the flight departed.

I have flown into an airport and the gate was change after we landed because the prior flight at that gate was delayed in its departure.

Check the gate info on the website right before you leave your house. Then, look at the monitor when you arrive at CVG. The distance within the B concourse is not that much, and there are moving walkways as well. So you will likely not have to do a mad dash from gate to gate. If you want, there will be a food court between B11 and B27 (if those are your gates), so you can pick up some nosh along the way.

As mentioned, CVG is an easy hub for connects, even if you have to take the bus to/from the Comair gates (C concourse).

Archived