Just a silly idea for 2013?

All the good peeps on this forum

what a brill forum we have ,new people seeking advice etc?, new, old, or just wellworn :)

ah yes .....and we get to the silly peeps (me jim kalos,RR

to name a few

And the most helpfull ?

Kruzee, Sailaway and others too numerous to mention

my thinking is....

we are all in cyberspace, perhaps meeting other people on same cruise (as we did with Gizzie 4 on Celebration in 2012 (her son is a good singer now on the Dream)

maybe will not see her or hubby again (think we will one day ;)

why do not we have some sort of meeting , Hotel ,Pub ?(overnight stays compliments Thomson ?:D)

would be interested in anyones thoughts on this :cool:

where would you hold such a venue? is it practical

(bags not my house! :p)

comments welcome

Stevie

Whatever good girls and boys have a good NewYear

That would be a great idea, and probably best done somewhere central to everyyone, Another group, i know (not cruisers) meet at Pontins, not sure this would be ideal though. :p, but certainly need to be somewhere with plenty of space!

Will watch this space :D Maybe Thomsons would do us all a deal in exchange for us attending a cruise conference!

I would come!:)

I love this forum but have cruised only once (Celebration Red Sea) during which one excursion was cancelled, so usually unable to comment or advise on things but have picked up many tips etc which i'm thankful for.

But we're booked on IE April.

I love this forum to. It's very friendly and everyone is so helpful,,even when I ask really dumb questions! I'm new to cruising but definately have the bug. Booked a 3 night mini-cruise on the Azura in early jan for my husbands 50th! Was looking at the red sea but can't really spare the time or money at the minute,,the more I spend now the less we'll have to spend for summer holidays!

Thanks to you all for making me welcome. :)

Happy New Year to all.

What a lovely idea!! Wouldn't like to organise it though. :eek:

Looking forward to meeting Scarey Mary in March on our Canary cruise. Missed her when I did a 3 hour visit on the Spirit in Newcastle even though I "scared" two women when I asked them if they were called Mary! Don't know who was more shocked though when I asked this man at Horizon's bar if he was Dave ....and he was!!

Maybe as it would take some time to organise a meeting centrally in the UK, in the meantime, surely Thomson could arrange for a CC meeting on the ship.... Could include FB friends as well (a lot are duplicated) :):rolleyes:

A question for Mr Ellacott ?

All the good peeps on this forum

what a brill forum we have ,new people seeking advice etc?, new, old, or just wellworn :)

ah yes .....and we get to the silly peeps (me jim kalos,RR

to name a few

And the most helpfull ?

Kruzee, Sailaway and others too numerous to mention

my thinking is....

we are all in cyberspace, perhaps meeting other people on same cruise (as we did with Gizzie 4 on Celebration in 2012 (her son is a good singer now on the Dream)

maybe will not see her or hubby again (think we will one day ;)

why do not we have some sort of meeting , Hotel ,Pub ?(overnight stays compliments Thomson ?:D)

would be interested in anyones thoughts on this :cool:

where would you hold such a venue? is it practical

(bags not my house! :p)

comments welcome

Stevie

Whatever good girls and boys have a good NewYear

Medusa lounge 1st June 2013 at opening time :D

See you there

Blimey Jim haven't got round to booking our next holiday yet but tell me how was benidorm this year love that place so much.

Info,booked about a fortnight after getting home in june.

Benidorm,great as usual although disappointed in the hotel this year.Although the reception has had a makeover rooms are in need of a refurb and the standard of food has dropped somewhat

Didn't you stay at the don Pancho you should try the riviera beach hotel the food is lush there not sure whether to go back in June or do a cruise round the med on the dream would like to revisit Pompeii and Rome

Yes,Don Pancho but getting a bit tired and dated now.Its living on its location and views I`m afraid.Riveria Beach is on our radar for next year and will keep an eye on the reviews.At present most are good with the odd bad one thrown in.Benidorm or The Dream?As much as we love Benidorm its probably the last place we would go in June so know what our choice would be :D

What a lovely idea!! Wouldn't like to organise it though. :eek:

Looking forward to meeting Scarey Mary in March on our Canary cruise. Missed her when I did a 3 hour visit on the Spirit in Newcastle even though I "scared" two women when I asked them if they were called Mary! Don't know who was more shocked though when I asked this man at Horizon's bar if he was Dave ....and he was!!

Maybe as it would take some time to organise a meeting centrally in the UK, in the meantime, surely Thomson could arrange for a CC meeting on the ship.... Could include FB friends as well (a lot are duplicated) :):rolleyes:

A question for Mr Ellacott ?

Hi Jackie

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Still makes me chuckle you accosting people at Newcastle.:D

Think the ideas great def. wouldn't like to organize it though.

We have met quiet a few people of here on our various cruises (including Dave twice) and it is nice to talk in person.

Mary

That would be a great idea, and probably best done somewhere central to everyyone, Another group, i know (not cruisers) meet at Pontins, not sure this would be ideal though. :p, but certainly need to be somewhere with plenty of space!

Will watch this space :D Maybe Thomsons would do us all a deal in exchange for us attending a cruise conference!

Sound like a good idea. pity Thomson don't do the frequent mini weekend cruises that 'The Dark Side do' else that would be a great place to meet!.....although perhaps we could :D

Why not use the 1 day re-positioning cruise of Thomson Spirit in early August 2013. The price includes coach travel at Newcastle and Harwich. If not 2013, 2014. Could be an annual event if Thomson still do UK sailings with re-positioning.

Otherwise there are maps online that will calculate a central place geographically.

Len

Archived