Updates from the Emerald Princess - 19th Sept 2015 – 24th October 2015

Looks like they missed Cannes and are heading to Barcelona.

Yes..I wondered what happened to Cannes...from the AIS they appeared to turn into Cannes then carry on sailing.

They are due in Barcelona on 3 Oct for the start of the Trans Atlantic. Must have been behind time?

Might be wrong but Cannes and much of the French Riviera are going through some massive floods after some severe storms in the area. Presuming Emerald continued on as was not safe for passengers to disembark?

Might be wrong but Cannes and much of the French Riviera are going through some massive floods after some severe storms in the area. Presuming Emerald continued on as was not safe for passengers to disembark?

You are correct. They missed Cannes for that very reason.

They are now in the Atlantic heading towards Funchal, Madiera. They arrive there tomorrow and then after that have 7 days at sea as they reposition to Fort Lauderdale for the Caribbean season.

Sat 03/10/15 Barcelona / Spain 19:00

Sun 04/10/15 Valencia / Spain 07:00 14:00

Mon 05/10/15 Malaga / Spain 09:00 19:00

Tue 06/10/15 Cádiz / Spain 07:00 17:00

Wed 07/10/15 Lisbon / Portugal 09:00 18:00

Thu 08/10/15 At Sea

Fri 09/10/15 Funchal (Madeira) / Portugal 08:00 17:00

Sat 10/10/15 At Sea

Sun 11/10/15 At Sea

Mon 12/10/15 At Sea

Tue 13/10/15 At Sea

Wed 14/10/15 At Sea

Thu 15/10/15 At Sea

Fri 16/10/15 At Sea

Sat 17/10/15 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) / USA 07:00

Hello from the Emerald Princess :)

I have finely got a chance to get on to Cruise Critic!, I did not realise how port intensive cruising the med was going to be!!

The Emerald Princess is a lovey ship and I think if you like the Diamond Princess, you will like her as well!!. She is huge! :) And I think she will be a good choose for Australia.

The only quirky thing about her is if you want to go to the back of the ship from the middle of the ship, you can ONLY go down one side of the ship (unless you want to go up and over), as the kids club, takes over one back bit and you can’t get thought as the doors are locked (if I get a chance I will post a couple of photos)

Both of the cabins we have had so far have been nice and the cabin stewards have been friendly and done a good job. (We had to move cabins between our 7 day Greek Isle cruise and this 21 day Western Mediterranean Grand Adventure cruise, and we will also have to move cabins again when we do our 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise).

The only problem we have had so far was ordering room service breakfast.

On the last cruise (The 7 day Greek Isle cruise) we ordered room service breakfast and we put the order form out at about 11:40pm/midnight and early on this cruise we did the same, and what did we find on our door when we woke up the next morning??

Our room service breakfast order form!!

Apparently it has to be out by 9:30pm!!, but there was no mention of this anywhere and we did NOT have a problem putting out the order form at the same time and getting breakfast last week!, so we were not very happy….

But we got an apologise from the room service manager.

Apart from that we are enjoying our self’s and I think we will need another cruise to recover from these two!! (Oh yeath we do have 3 more cruises to do!! :) (This year!, I can’t remember did I say we are doing the QM2 next year?? :-D)

Today we were in Madeira (Funchal), Portugal, it’s a lovely place and would very much like to go back there again!, it was a shame the weather was not the best, it rained just about the whole time we were in port (mind you it did stop for about 20 – 30 mins before it got very heavy and we got a bit wet! (It turns out the jacket I picked up in Scotland was not as waterproof as I thought it was! (My back was a bit wet!)

We now got a week at sea :O, We are now on our way to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA, so this could be fun!!

If the internet and the seas are nice to me I will try and post again, latter on in the week!

Looks like they have had a dream crossing of the Atlantic...from a report posted 2 days out from Fort Lauderdale.

The sea has been as smooth as a lake the last few days and the temperature is 80. Couldn't ask for better weather.

They make landfall in 1 day.