Which ship to choose?

icedancer43

Haven't been on Carnival since we did the Fantasy back in the 90's. Interested in coming back to Carnival, but unsure what ship to choose. Looking for a cruise that travels to the Caribbean, Bahamas, or Bermuda. The most important things for us are the pools/water slides, adult area, activities, and mini golf. Pictures would be great! Thanks in advance!

I would say any within the Dream class: Dream, Magic, Breeze. They all have equally great waterslides as well as smaller slides and other features. There are 2 large waterslides, very different from each other. The Dream has the best mini golf course, with a full 18-hole course, while the others only have 9. But Magic & Breeze do have a ropes course that Dream doesn't have. Dream will have by far the best entertainment at night, while Breeze will have by far the worst. Sunshine also has bad entertainment, but it has good waterslides, although it doesn't look quite as good as the Dream class. Sunshine has 2 identical large slides, with one other slightly different one. But the 2 slides on Dream class are extremely different from each other. All 4 of these ships have a nice serenity area for adults, and by the looks of it, I would say that Sunshine has the edge in that department. They all do foster a nice, fun atmosphere with plenty of activities going on.

Magic & Breeze have extremely slippery floors around the lido buffet inside area. The floors are naturally slippery at all times. Many people have fallen, & there have been some serious injuries, one of which happened on my Breeze cruise. Nobody can explain this change for the worse that started with Magic, but it's a fair warning. I don't know if Sunshine was given the same slippery floors during it's big renovation.

Magic sails out of Galveston, Dream out of New Orleans, Sunshine out of Port Canaveral, and Breeze out of Miami. They all do Caribbean cruises, some Western itineraries and some Eastern.

Edited by k2excursion