Tweens

MochaJava8125

I am wondering about my 11 and 12 year old daughters. Will they receive Sea Passes too? Will they be able to get into our room and purchase things without us? Also, I was thinking about getting them lanyards to keep track of them. Any thoughts? Thanks so much...

I am wondering about my 11 and 12 year old daughters. Will they receive Sea Passes too? Will they be able to get into our room and purchase things without us? Also, I was thinking about getting them lanyards to keep track of them. Any thoughts? Thanks so much...

Yes they will each have their own Sea Pass - it serves as room key, charge card, and must be used whenever you get off and back on the ship (it's the way the ship knows whether or not you're on board).

Since they're young you can decide what and how much they can charge or not. Lots of folks put a particular amount of $$ on a child's card and when it's gone, it's gone. Good way to teach them how to budget. When our sons were that age and we went somewhere they were expected to save some of their allowance for spending money. I've seen them change their minds on a purchase before the trip so they would have more to spend.

I think lanyards are a good idea - you can either wait until you're on the ship to get one or get them something before you leave. The staff at the front desk will usually be able to punch a hole in the card for you.

EVERYONE gets a sea pass...you can't get off (or on) the ship without it! It's also your room key. Your photo is "embedded" in the info on that card....if you don't have it, you cannot leave the ship!

If wearing it around their neck will help them, by all means, use a lanyard!

Edited by cb at sea

My kids are 10 and 13 and we cruise often. I bring a couple of fun lanyards for each of them. Each cruise line if different in terms of how you set up onboard accounts for them.

On RC, I don;t set one up. I give them cash for the arcade, which they can load on the card themselves.

On carnival, I use the kiosk to give them a limit daily.

As for shopping, I prefer to be with them when they want to make a purchase, and I just use my card.

My debit card = my control :)

yes - the sea pass allows them to get on and off the ship. Do not leave them in the cabin when trying to get off in a port.

Yes they can charge to the card on file. I turn my kids cards off at guest services so they can not charge. Not much stuff to buy onboard but the kids are old enough to know what they can or cant charge-- let them know that buying stuff for new friends is not good. (LOL)

They will receive sea pass as well and yeas they will be able to use them to buy things. you can put a limit on their account of x$ and so you can keep tabs.