Toddlers on Celebrity

Jules4583

We are leaving in 11 days for Bermuda aboard Celebrity Summit. Dh and I will be going along with our 17 month old daughter and not quite 3 year old son. I know that neither of them can go in the pools (not PT'd) or kids club (not old enough). We are booked in a corner FV and are planning to bring a small inflatable pool for the balcony seeing how large it is. Does anyone know if Celebrity has open time in the kids clubs areas that we can take the kids to just run around and play or do they do a toy lending program? Also any other tips or places that might be good to keep them entertained? We are going with a ton of people for a wedding and I know my parents and sister will be willing to help and watch them occasionally so DH and I can do some activities but DH also gets a little stir crazy when we don't have some kind of plan or idea of what we plan to do. TIA!

Whatever you do with your kids at home, you'll do on vacation! It's nice you have some babysitters, tho!

Do you have kids? Just asking, not the same. They are out of their element, don't have thier toys, books, or crafts. DD did find her first two cruise, at 3, well 3 was a different experiance!

Op, go to the dollar store or craft store, get the foam puzzles (or any) and character/princess/cars cardstocks, put magnets on the back. Perfect for playing on the door. It keeps little hands busy, very cheaply, and doesn't take up much space.

I do 'Tinkerbell Gifts'. Little things, travel size, games, sticker books, color wonder, color magic markers, small toys, crafts (the little paint or sticker/foam stuff). this year, the color magic books kept dd busy while waiting for dinner. She typically got something before dinner. :D 1, it was new and kept her interested, 2, she didn't ask to get stuff in ports or in the gift shops.

I haven't traveled Celebrity, so I have no idea about toy lending, open house, or splash pads.

Let each kid pack a carry on bag with his/her toys, you know what they play with most. For mine it's her dolls. Every cruise we pack books, and even though we read a ton at home, we just don't seem to read on the ship (even though I still bring books). last cruise she played angry birds on her ipad on the balcony.

If they have a kids club/nursary, I ASSume, they'll have some open hours. You can google for thier newsletter or ask on the Celebirty board.

We did a similar trip two years ago - on the Summit for a wedding and cruise with friends and family. Our LO was 15 months, and we had a FV corner room - 8181. It was an awesome trip! Best advice - be prepared - bring everything you think you might need. Extra diapers, formula, wipes, etc...

Just a few tips beyond that:

1. Celebrity is able to provide a limited amount of baby food for no charge - formula, bottles of baby food, rice cereal. You MUST get a form from them to fill out to request it - it has to be done ahead of time, so get on that. Also, bring a copy of the form with you when you board. The baby food we ordered was not in the state room when we arrived. Went to guest services, they took a while to track it down. Turned out the Matra'D got a hold of it and was going to present this box of baby food to us at the dinner table...uh, no, we need to feed him long before that... It found it's way to us eventually, but we had to track it down.

2. The kids club area does have a few hours you can go with your LO and play - not convenient hours, but you know...

3. The kids club lets you check out toys. You can switch them as often as you want with other toys - nice to keep it fresh...

4. They have a great babysitting service. When you board, you have to go to guest services, and fill out a form (of course) to request days and times. They will then try to set it up and contact you if they could or not. I think it was $18 per hour - in your state room, so your LO could go to sleep and not have to be moved anywhere... and it covers 2 babysitters (safety reasons). We did this two evenings - would do it again in a heartbeat.

5. Be sure to request a crib be in your room - have your TA do this if you have one. Of not, call yourself long before your cruise.

6. The FV has two rooms, so your LO can be asleep in the "Living room" while you are on the HUGE balcony, or in the "bedroom..."

7. The balcony is HUGE! be sure to enjoy it! There is plenty of room for a little inflatable pool. This was great for bath time and for the LO to splash around in. We even brought it to the pool deck and let him splash around a few times.

Above all, flexibility is the key, as I am sure you well know now having a 17 m old. Ours is 3 now and we will be cruising again in 2 months. Looking forward to a fun filled week! Wish we had one of those FV corner rooms again!!! Going on Carnival this time - Similar type of room, but it does not have two rooms... Will miss that part... Another large balcony though! Love it!

Have fun!!:cool::cool:

We did a similar trip two years ago - on the Summit for a wedding and cruise with friends and family. Our LO was 15 months, and we had a FV corner room - 8181. It was an awesome trip! Best advice - be prepared - bring everything you think you might need. Extra diapers, formula, wipes, etc...

1. Celebrity is able to provide a limited amount of baby food for no charge - formula, bottles of baby food, rice cereal. You MUST get a form from them to fill out to request it - it has to be done ahead of time, so get on that. Also, bring a copy of the form with you when you board. The baby food we ordered was not in the state room when we arrived. Went to guest services, they took a while to track it down. Turned out the Matra'D got a hold of it and was going to present this box of baby food to us at the dinner table...uh, no, we need to feed him long before that... It found it's way to us eventually, but we had to track it down.

2. The kids club area does have a few hours you can go with your LO and play - not convenient hours, but you know...

3. The kids club lets you check out toys. You can switch them as often as you want with other toys - nice to keep it fresh...

4. They have a great babysitting service. When you board, you have to go to guest services, and fill out a form (of course) to request days and times. They will then try to set it up and contact you if they could or not. I think it was $18 per hour - in your state room, so your LO could go to sleep and not have to be moved anywhere... and it covers 2 babysitters (safety reasons). We did this two evenings - would do it again in a heartbeat.

5. Be sure to request a crib be in your room - have your TA do this if you have one. Of not, call yourself long before your cruise.

6. The FV has two rooms, so your LO can be asleep in the "Living room" while you are on the HUGE balcony, or in the "bedroom..."

7. The balcony is HUGE! be sure to enjoy it! There is plenty of room for a little inflatable pool. This was great for bath time and for the LO to splash around in. We even brought it to the pool deck and let him splash around a few times.

Above all, flexibility is the key, as I am sure you well know now having a 17 m old. Ours is 3 now and we will be cruising again in 2 months. Looking forward to a fun filled week! Wish we had one of those FV corner rooms again!!! Going on Carnival this time - Similar type of room, but it does not have two rooms... Will miss that part... Another large balcony though! Love it!

We are actually going to be in cabin 8181 as well! Thank you for all the tips!

they sound great!!

One more tip: be flexible, my kid slept/ate more on her first two cruise than she normally did, her 3rd one, she barely ate or slept.

• 2 months later...

how do you fill the inflatable pool with water when you bring it on the deck? what size inflatable pool should I look for?