The Anti-Socialite goes on a cruise. What to do? :P

greenseaships

I have not been on this ship, but on the other Carnival cruises I have taken, I would find an instruction sheet for ordering the Internet package in my stateroom - usually on the bed. I was able to complete the purchase through my onboard account on the tv. Hopefully, yours will work in the same way.

Edited by mbglib

You've gotten plenty of good responses here about your questions, but I want to make another suggestion.

Get off the ship. But not necessarily to see the port, to see the ship from the dock. It's really pretty cool to be so up close and personal when walking on the dock next to the ship. Looking at the ropes, checking out the views from below.....it's a completely different perspective.

When you board you will most likely go in on the 4th or 5th deck and therefore miss the view from below. At least step off the ship when in dock and take a look around. It's pretty awesome!

Meet with the Maitre'D of the dining room when you board - arrange for a table for two.

There are many specialty restaurants (extra$$) on the ship that do not seat you with others. Reserve early and request tables with a view.

I like getting food from the buffet, then eating somewhere outside, (most ships have nice aft areas right outside the buffet).

OR taking the food from the buffet or other restaurants (they will pack it nicely for you) back to our suite and eating on our veranda. (I actually get some or the plastic room-service covers to make transporting my food easier). ;o)~

We RARELY dine in the MDR.............

Nope! I am not cheap or a recluse, just my personal dining preferences

Edited by SMerritt

Unless I missed it I have seen no mention of the "Behind the Scenes" tour that Carnival offers to a very limited number of passengers on its ships.

Now, it may not be available on this small ship. Maybe someone knows.

However, on the larger ships the few passengers (usually 32) who are quick enough sign up are taken to the engine control room, the bridge (meet the captain), the galley, crew and officers mess, back stage, photography and many other places not normally available to the public.

If it is available and you want to do it...board the ship as early as possible and go directly to the excursion desk and sign up. It is not real cheap, but for someone with your interest it will be worth it.

If it is not available on this ship....wait until you take your family on a larger ship for a longer voyage....the tour takes place on the last sea day of your itinerary.

Edited by thinfool

I'm anti social myself :) I'm going solo but on Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. I'm not eating with other people unless i happen to meet them first somewhere and want to. I do NOT want to meet people at the dinner table and have to make awkward small talk. I'll get a table for one and have a kindle with me. I'm doing a behind the scenes tour that cost $150 and shows you the bridge, the galley, the laundry room etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing the inner workings of the ship.

I will be getting off in ports though. :)

I've been solo once before on NCL and really i could have not spoken to anyone for 7 days if i didn't feel like it. It was up to me how social or anti social i felt like being. Do your thing.