My first cruise & Looking forward to it

Miles_Ahead

Hello Peeps,

This will be my first cruise and its a singles cruise 6 nights to Mexican Riviera (Cabo and Puerto Vallarta). Im traveling with two more friends (guys) i've read a couple of threads on what to expect, Anybody ever done this cruise before? Any input and/or advice from the more seasoned cruisers on this forum is always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for reading

Welcome to Cruise Critic and cruising! I cannot help much with the singles questions, but be sure to check the thread provided by the previous poster. I would also look in the threads for the specific cruise line you are going on and look for a Roll Call for your particular cruise. Lots of info also in the Ports of Call thread about what to do and what to avoid in each port.

Best advice for you is to relax and plan on a great experience and a lot of fun!

Hello Peeps,

This will be my first cruise and its a singles cruise 6 nights to Mexican Riviera (Cabo and Puerto Vallarta). Im traveling with two more friends (guys) i've read a couple of threads on what to expect, Anybody ever done this cruise before? Any input and/or advice from the more seasoned cruisers on this forum is always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for reading

Welcome to cruise critic, I am sure you will have a blast, but what cruise ship/line? sign up for meet and greet to get in touch with others on same cruise. I did about 15 cruises as a single and loved them (but that was a long time ago). Also think about getting a drink package if you will have more than 5 drinks a day

Is this a chartered singles cruise (all the passengers are part of this) or just a group of singles going together on a cruise that may have other passengers on board?

Not all the passengers are part of this, just the people that booked with a singles group events. Only a small portion of the boat i imagine, its my first cruise so im a rookie jaja

In Puerto Vallarta and Cabo there is always a rush to get off the ship asap for whatever reason. In PV most of the downtown stores and the central market do not open before 10. Get there at 8:30 as so many people do and you find there is nothing to do except hit a cafe for another breakfast or just coffee. Take your time unless you are going on a tour. Cabo is an easy walk into the tiny town. PV if too far to walk and you will end up in a cab with other people. They overcharge but you can't beat it unless you take a city bus. There is a flea market on the edge of the cruise ship pier and it will be open when the ship docks.

Pssst...Miles...just so you know, it ain't a boat, it's a ship! :D I don't want some old salt jumping on a rookie over the lingo! Not to worry, I bet you'll be talking like an old sailor before your cruise is done! ;)

Not all the passengers are part of this, just the people that booked with a singles group events. Only a small portion of the boat i imagine, its my first cruise so im a rookie jaja

I was just curious as over the years a few have posted the belief that cruises are all about hooking up (maybe more a desire). But if you're with a big enough group, that will be more fun for you. There will be a wide range of ages, and depending on when you're going, many So Cal families. (homeschooled kids might go at any time of year)