late night food options on the vision of the seas

Hello everyone. I have sailed on RC 2 Oaisis class ships and on the Serenade of the seas. Next time we will be sailing on a 12 night cruise on the Vision of the seas. I was spoiled on the Oasis class ships and a little disappointed on the Radience class ship as far a late night activites and places to find late night food. We chose the Radience again due to the itinerary. I am aware that there is now a room service charge clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 and I do not want to start that topic again. Last time we did late night movies, read, went to the spa, and played pool. These options were good. The music places shut down and we did not see any late night comedy shows. Do people on these ships go to bed early? No offense to those who do go to bed early. Every night the only free food we could find was by the pool. I felt the pizza was nothing like Sorrento's and the sandwiches were not tasty in my opinion. Any suggestions regarding free late night (after 11pm) food options and things to do? Thanks

Hello everyone. I have sailed on RC 2 Oaisis class ships and on the Serenade of the seas. Next time we will be sailing on a 12 night cruise on the Vision of the seas. I was spoiled on the Oasis class ships and a little disappointed on the Radience class ship as far a late night activites and places to find late night food. We chose the Radience again due to the itinerary. I am aware that there is now a room service charge clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 and I do not want to start that topic again. Last time we did late night movies, read, went to the spa, and played pool. These options were good. The music places shut down and we did not see any late night comedy shows. Do people on these ships go to bed early? No offense to those who do go to bed early. Every night the only free food we could find was by the pool. I felt the pizza was nothing like Sorrento's and the sandwiches were not tasty in my opinion. Any suggestions regarding free late night (after 11pm) food options and things to do? Thanks

Not really understanding the question. Are you asking about the Vision of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas?

Vision of the Seas is not in the Radiance "class',

Any suggestions regarding free late night (after 11pm) food options and things to do?

Bring your own snacks (or stock up when venues are open) and go to VCL. Park Cafe may have a few things and might be open a bit past 11PM.

Hello everyone. I have sailed on RC 2 Oaisis class ships and on the Serenade of the seas. Next time we will be sailing on a 12 night cruise on the Vision of the seas. I was spoiled on the Oasis class ships and a little disappointed on the Radience class ship as far a late night activites and places to find late night food. We chose the Radience again due to the itinerary. I am aware that there is now a room service charge :( and I do not want to start that topic again. Last time we did late night movies, read, went to the spa, and played pool. These options were good. The music places shut down and we did not see any late night comedy shows. Do people on these ships go to bed early? No offense to those who do go to bed early. Every night the only free food we could find was by the pool. I felt the pizza was nothing like Sorrento's and the sandwiches were not tasty in my opinion. Any suggestions regarding free late night (after 11pm) food options and things to do? Thanks

If you were disappointed on Serenade, then I would prepare to be disappointed on Vision. The ships are very similar. No kiddie pool area on Vision, so the main pool area is a bit larger on Vision. Park Cafe will be very similar to the same venue on Serenade.

Thanks everyone! To clarify it seems I got my classes of ships wrong…..To be clear I was very happy on the Oasis and the Allure of the sea. When we went on the Seranade I was unhappy with the late night food available and late night venues. This time we will be on the Vision of the sea. I guess my only choices will be to 1. pack my own snacks which defeats the purpose of all inclusive :o or 2. be a pack rat and store food from the buffet in my room :(, or 3. pay for a room service. It just seems wrong to charge for room service meals on the smaller ships because you have very few choices to begin with at night. Thank you, for your help and insight!:D

1. You need to shift your mind set - mainline cruise lines are shifting away from all inclusive.

you forgot option 4 which Bob and I mentioned - Park Café.

I feel like mainstream cruise lines CAN be all inclusive if you choose that option. You can eat in the MDR or WJ exclusively, drink Tea, Lemonade or Coffee and partake in the free entertainment. This would be all-inclusive. There are now other choices that cost extra but it still can be all inclusive.

2ferfun, who is hoping desperately that cruise lines never go completely away from all-inclusive otherwise Mrs. 2ferfun will stop cruising!