June 9th Explorer of the Seas, Alaska Glacier cruise. "Mostly pics" review

A short review of our Alaska Glacier cruise from Seattle. We thought the Port of Seattle was a bit unorganized vs what we are used to in PC . Other than that it was an ok embarkation a little slow to get our Sea Pass cards but not terrible. b2acbcbbb6f4d6992bc31269efd3a192.jpg52bacc4ea5a0648ad987bc3399988978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting these pictures and your thoughts! We'll be headed that direction in August and I'm really interested in how others have felt about the experience.

You mentioned that the port was a little disorganized... what time did you get to port and how long did it take until you got on board? I've read a few other reviews of the Seattle port and the disorganization and was sort of hoping to find a "sweet spot" boarding time when the lines aren't too long.

Thanks for posting these pictures and your thoughts! We'll be headed that direction in August and I'm really interested in how others have felt about the experience.

You mentioned that the port was a little disorganized... what time did you get to port and how long did it take until you got on board? I've read a few other reviews of the Seattle port and the disorganization and was sort of hoping to find a "sweet spot" boarding time when the lines aren't too long.

We were on the June 2 sailing. We got to the port around 10:00. Turned out to be a little early because they were still disembarking passengers. It was around 11:00 when they let us in. We walked right up to an agent, no wait. We were all checked in quickly and then it was straight on to the ship. First time we have ever gone from check in to ship without sitting in a boarding section!

We got to the port about 11:15 or so hoping to avoid the "first on" rush. The luggage tag line is kind of slow, partly because only one person was giving them out, and after a while passengers were just walking up to the table and getting their own. We had ours already printed but the bro and sis in law did not, so we waited in line with them. Also not really a dedicated RC line for boarding outside, It was kind of mixed with Celebrity passengers as well. Once inside terminal not too bad until we got to the line for Sea Pass cards. Some of the signing can be a bit confusing trying to separate C&A tier lines. but was on the ship by 12 or a little after.

David

By any chance would u be able to either post or email me if you have them the compass pages from your Alaska trip. It sure would be nice to be able to plan somethings in advance and see what they are offering in advance. I know this might be a lot to ask, but just asking.

Thank you

Making me rethink my packing list seeing how few people there are out on the deck. I have lots of layers but definitely no heavy coat like the one you were wearing in your pictures...

It was cold out, prob around 50-52 that jacket looks heavy but it was pretty light. Well insulated and repelled water pretty good. It was pretty early in the morning i believe it was 5:30am or so.

David

By any chance would u be able to either post or email me if you have them the compass pages from your Alaska trip. It sure would be nice to be able to plan somethings in advance and see what they are offering in advance. I know this might be a lot to ask, but just asking.

Thank you

I have pics of some of them but just the front page of the first 3 days sorry.

I have pics of some of them but just the front page of the first 3 days sorry.

Would you mind sharing with me as well? We leave on 6/30 and I'm very curious! I've been on Celebrity but not RCL. Traveling with family this time instead of friends and first non-Caribbean cruise, so I'm interested in what will be available to do. yayluckyme@yahoo.com is my email. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk