New here

kaffy103

Hi Everyone,

New here, hello*wave*

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and you a power chair from a SCI. I have been on many cruises in a manual chair and 1 so far, in a power chair.

We went to Hawaii in 2013 on Carnivals Miracle, 10 days, and had a blast :)

We are now wanting to do the 14 day Southern Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse sailing from Miami, because it docks at all ports, which is rare! I would love some feedback if anyone has done it.

I have pics of our accessible room on the Miracle if anyone is interested

Hi Everyone,

New here, hello*wave*

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and you a power chair from a SCI. I have been on many cruises in a manual chair and 1 so far, in a power chair.

We went to Hawaii in 2013 on Carnivals Miracle, 10 days, and had a blast :)

We are now wanting to do the 14 day Southern Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse sailing from Miami, because it docks at all ports, which is rare! I would love some feedback if anyone has done it.

I have pics of our accessible room on the Miracle if anyone is interested

Welcome kaffy103,

My family and I just returned from a Southern Caribbean cruise at the end of May. We left out of Puerto Rico and stopped at St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Martin & Antigua. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. Wheelchair accessible transportation on these islands was hard to find. We were able to find what we were told was the only van with a lift on most of the islands. It seems that to be a taxi driver on these islands, you have to purchase your own vehicle. The one drawback was that none of the vehicles had tie-downs for the chair. We held on tight and had some good tours. Just go to the taxi stand and ask fir someone with a lift. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

Have not done the specific cruise you're asking about but anytime one finds an itinerary with no tender ports it's going to be a great cruise !

Please post the Miracle pictures as anytime someone has pictures of an accessible cabin it's always helpful.

Enjoy !

Do you want to know anything specific about that cruise, ship or itinerary? Please ask some specific questions because I've been on that ship and use a mobility scooter and I'd be happy to answer anything specific.

Welcome, Kaffy, and a wave back to you. This is a great itinerary and you are right about going every where on it. The Celebrity S class ships are very user friendly for accessibility, even in the public areas. There is a thread on the Celebrity forum here by librarylady that reviews most cabin. Just see if yours is listed.

While I was using a rented scooter on that trip, I spent a lot of time with a lady from the midwest who used a PC. Many of the ports were easily accessible by our motorized transports, just as if we were walking. The tours away from port that I took were on busses that could accomodate my manual wc, which I also took with me. I was able to transfer at that time. I believe she took private tours.

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Going Coastal

Do you want to know anything specific about that cruise, ship or itinerary? Please ask some specific questions because I've been on that ship and use a mobility scooter and I'd be happy to answer anything specific.

I can only walk short distances and then must stop rest a minute. I use a cane and can be slow. We are going on the Sillouette Celebrity Eastern Carribean March 15/2015 PORTS ARE SAN JUAN ST.KITTS & ST. MARTIN IS THE WALK FROM SHIP TO THE TOURS AND THE PORT LONG? Do any offer transportation for handicap?...

THANK YOU. PATRICIA

Anyone know of any wheelchair friendly beaches in Cozumel, Mexico or Montego Bay, Jamaica? Mom can walk short distances but needs a foldable transport chair if we plan to walk very far. She can walk the short distance through the sand to a beach chair.