Transport Port of Miami - Port Everglades?

Extra Kim

We need transportation between Port of Miami and Port Everglades on monday 1 feb. What are our options?

First time we cruised out of Port Everglades we rented a car, but back then we we drove at night from MIA to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Now it's during day time and from Port of Miami. I don't know how bad the traffic might be? Taking a shuttle from Port of Miami to MIA and then drive to Ft. Lauderdale airport, return the car and then take the shuttle to Port Everglades sounds like it might take a long time.

Sort of a back to back cruise situation? :confused:

1. Taxi from POM to PE will run about $75+ on the meter

2. Private car service (Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service)

3. Shuttle to FLL (about $15 per person) and then a $15+ cab ride to PE - check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others

4. You could rent a car for the day and drop at or near FLL - gives you the opportunity to shop for "cruise supplies" :rolleyes: and have lunch some place; National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles from POM to their MIA airport locations or Avis. Hertz and Budget have downtown Miami locations close to POM ($12 cab if they do not shuttle).

Good luck - I wish I could get that much time off from work! :(

Edited by JohninDC

Yes it's a kind of B2B (not a true B2B), the first cruise is our "get over the jetlag cruise" :)

Since we are only two, a cab get a bit pricey compared to the other alternatives but on the other hand it might be the most time effective and that could make up for the cost (and the difference isn't huge).

We have rented cars before and have returned them at FLL before going on cruises, so that's not a problem. What makes me hesitant is the drive in Miami, we have a GPS but you never know how bad the traffic is. And then again how much time will it take to go PoM - MIA - FLL - PE..?

We won't spend any time in Ft. Lauderdale before the second cruise, we have spent several days there before and this time our goal is to get on the ship.

In Sweden we have 25 days paid vacation per year. This jan - feb we spent 21 days onboard Legend Of The seas with a total of 25 days away from home, and last month we spent a week in Turkey. You guys in the U.S work too much :o

You guys in the U.S work too much :o

Agreed! :(

Uber ride sharing is another option - probably cheaper than a cab by 25-50% but I am not sure how difficult it would be for the Uber driver to find you at POM.