How far is the Carlton Hotel in Cannes to where the NCL ships tender?

smartpeach

I'm considering hiring Exclusive Riviera Tours for a 4-hour trip to St Paul de Vence. They seem to have the most reasonable rates.

They've asked me to meet them at the Carlton Hotel. How far away is this from where NCL tenders? Because if this is a long walk, it kinda defeats the purpose of hiring a car for the day. All the other private tours we've hired, will meet us directly at the port. But I understand that Cannes is a tender port so there might not be a place closer to meet.

Is this normal? Where do people normall meet their tours in Cannes?

:)

The ships tend to tender near to the Vieux Port ( however have not sailed NCL) Come off the tender and walk to the right, along the Croisette. Go past the Palais des Festivals on your right and keep walking along the Croisette. The Carlton is a fair walk along and you will see it in the distance. I would imagine you would need a half an hour to get off the tender, orientate yourselves and then walk along to the Carlton. Bear in mind it could be very hot too.

If this is truly a private tour for just your group then it makes no sense to make you walk a half mile to meet your tour. They could simply park in the lot adjacent to the tender pier and wait by the single exit point from the tender pier. This is where most private tour guides will meet their customers. Personally, we would tell them to meet us near the dock....or go find other customers. They are supposed to work for you, not the other way around.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thank you so much Hank and the Morgans for all your info.

It is a private tour for just our group. It sounds a little weird making us walk all the way to the hotel in the mid August heat. I've explained that I'm travelling with 2 children and 2 seniors who are in their mid 70s. If we are all able-bodied adults, we would've gone the DIY route.

We've never been to Cannes so it's difficult to tell how things are done. I'll tell the driver to meet us at Port. Why he would even suggest meeting us at the hotel in the first place is odd.

Thank you so much Hank and the Morgans for all your info.

It is a private tour for just our group. It sounds a little weird making us walk all the way to the hotel in the mid August heat. I've explained that I'm travelling with 2 children and 2 seniors who are in their mid 70s. If we are all able-bodied adults, we would've gone the DIY route.

We've never been to Cannes so it's difficult to tell how things are done. I'll tell the driver to meet us at Port. Why he would even suggest meeting us at the hotel in the first place is odd.

Not odd, it's simply French. Your guide can park near the hotel and enjoy his Cafe au Lait with some friends at a nearby cafe while you are doing your trek :)

Gank

Edited by Hlitner