Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

Hello, welcome to our new board for the March 17 season of the show.

Anyone is welcome to post.

So far all I've heard about things is that Harold Wheeler and his 28 person band will not be returning this season. I figure once the Olympics end the news will start to come out about returning dancers and other things.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/04/dancing-with-the-stars-fires-harold-wheeler-band/5203233/

Wow! No Harry Wheeler and the band and singers. Why fire ALL of them? Seems like they want to go another direction, ala recorded music 100%. Yet the article says they would only do recorded music when needed. Doesn't make any sense.

Well, we shall see. What does everybody else think? I'm ok with 100% recorded music - they did it last season some of the time.

Any guesses yet on potential "stars"?

Dancing With the Stars has hired new music director Ray Chew.

The announcement adds that Chew's band will feature a new lineup of live musicians and singers performing music ranging from the latest pop hits to the great standards of the past.

Anna has had a daughter and revealed the father.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2014/02/16/anna-trebunskaya-nevin-millan-daughter-amalya-first-photo/

Show rumors I've found are:

- Kelly Brook, a British model and hostess. Brook is allegedly "in talks" with DWTS producers to compete in the show, according to The Mirror. She has already competed in Strictly Come Dancing, the British version of DWTS, and she would be the first to cross over and do both shows.

- Naya Rivera, an actress on Glee. Wants to follow in Amber Riley's footsteps.

- former Olympian Bruce Jenner who is dying to dance on the show since his stepchildren Kim Kardashian and Rob Kardashian competed in the seventh and 13th seasons, respectively.

Of course some the the rumors also say that he wants to dress as a woman since he's planning a sex change. He was good looking before the plastic surgeries of the past.

Also read a rumor that Derek will not return so that other can have a chance to win and a truth that Karina Smirnoff has frozen her eggs so she can have kids later.

Holy ____! Brooke has been let go!

Her message about it is actully kind of cute. I'll post more when I'm on a laptop.

The cast will be revealed on March 4 on Good Morning America.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Edited by KandCsailing

Brooke's tweet.

"Weird day ... Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS …ME. Tom Bergeron didn't even read my name," Burke-Charvet, 42, Tweeted at midnight Saturday. "I won't be returning to the show this season."

Also interesting that Derek did some choreography for the Gold winning USA ice dance team.

I just found out about Brooke! Very shocking! So I came here to see what you were saying about it, but first read your post Kerri. The minute I read what you said about Kelly Brook, I thought " Brooke's replacement." Yes?

And then I was like, please not Bruce Jenner! But hey, could be fun, eh.

Thanks for all the great gossip Kerri!

Dumping the band isn't a good move, IMHO. And, depending on who they hire, the Brooke firing may not be a good idea either. They keep trying to boost sagging ratings by changing too many things, but in reality, the problem with the show is the fact that they only attract oldies, B listers, reality "stars" or people we've never heard of. Ratings will improve IF they can attract real stars with high recognition.

OH PLEASE, tell me it's not true !!!!!! Erin Andrews is the new host on DWTS. I cannot stomach that woman with her nasal, "Fargo-like" voice. I'll have to tape the show and then skip through her parts. Sorry, I can't see her hosting like Brooke did. YUCK

OH PLEASE, tell me it's not true !!!!!! Erin Andrews is the new host on DWTS. I cannot stomach that woman with her nasal, "Fargo-like" voice. I'll have to tape the show and then skip through her parts. Sorry, I can't see her hosting like Brooke did. YUCK

Really!? I didn't really like her when she danced on the show.

I can see it working for the spring season but if she is keeping her NFL Fox job are they going to have another new person co-hosting the fall season.

Really!? I didn't really like her when she danced on the show.

I can see it working for the spring season but if she is keeping her NFL Fox job are they going to have another new person co-hosting the fall season.

You're right. She has a contract with Fox, so I unless she quits Fox, how can she do an ABC show? She's horrible on Fox and I cringed every time she shoved a microphone is someone's face----you never knew what stupid question would come out of her mouth. Like at the end of the Super Bowl when she asked the losing coach "how do you feel about losing?". What a idiotic question.

Hi, even though Erin has a contract with FOX I think it would be a

"Non Compete" for sporting events only.

Not 100% sure of this but it is the only thing I can think of that would

be able to let her co-host the show without any issues.

Thank you KandC for the link to the 2014 season... LOL, took me a few tries to find you gals... And I am really interested in your opinions on the changes... Augg, of course you know I have some of my own...

As to Brooke, well I think the focus of all of your posts and just opinions in general, the female host adds glamor and well just fun to watch what she wears. Most people just enjoy what the female host wears... Perhaps the network is trying to bring someone on who has better interview skills, but they missed the mark... If they want a good interview gal they should hire a retired pro who has an eye for dance.... To me this change will bring nothing new, just another body to entertain us with wonderful gowns...(not that this is a bad thing)

So for the band, again I think they missed the mark... Of course it is true in competition dancing a live band would never work.. As a dancer myself I need to hear each (quarter) beat and a live band just cannot do that. A good DJ is 100 times better than a live band, now saying this....

Really, this show is not about competition dancing, it is for viewer entertainment... It is entertainment for the many people who do not dance or give a hoot about beats. A average person will not even hear these quarter beats or even care about it.... When I watch DWTS I love to hear the band play the opening as they walk down the stairs, it excites me and I think much will be lost when they go to pre recorded music with just a small background band...

I get it that the show is "old" and the ratings may be going down, but in my view a few bad decisions have been made...

Thoughts??

Nice to see a few posters here even before the show starts.

I'm fluffy, no fashionista and I faked it though grades 7 & 8 mandatory music on clarinet.

The live music was always a thrill on the show and on cruise ships. Unfortunately both have cut back.

I'm going to miss looking for the ornate headpieces that the singer Carmen Carter would wear every week.

HI all!

Nice to see a lot of discussion even before the shows begins!

Looking forward to seeing who the "stars" are on the 4th, isn't it.

(March 4th = Army Day, an old co worker of mine always said:rolleyes:)

I really can't imagine Nene dancing!

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

still no 'stars'..

Got that right. I don't think they've had real stars in a long time. Just a bunch of has beens, reality doinks, and people, when they're introduced, most of us go " Who?????".

So is the most important thing in watching the show is if they are stars or not?

Not so for me. I don't much care if they are stars or not and what interests me is how they progress and improve over the timeline of the show. The most exciting thing for me is a star that does not have a dance background and how the pro can train them in really a short period of time to become a dancer....

Example, I remember "kate" who although she had a a great pro behind her and I think the show made a lot of accomodations for her, she was in physical shape to do it, yet it just did not happen!!, OMG, she was horrible!! Then I remember Palin(cant remember her first name), although not enough progress to make it to the end, I saw great improvement... She actually became a dancer with no dance background at all. For me this is what I like to watch, and found it so exciting...

I guess we all enjoy the show for different reasons. A good thing.

Now, how can this be fair? The gold medal winning ice dancers will compete. I just don't think it's fair that ringers are brought in who have vast dancing experience.

And, it's been reported that Brooke was fired and Andrews hired to attract the young male viewer. Are they serious? Do they honestly think young males will tune in just because of her? I can't see it.

Undoubtably they would go with Erin, but, will the 18 to 35 male viewer watch this show just to see her for a few minutes during the program? I just can't see that happening. Now, make this program sports related, and have her as host, sure she would attract viewers, but not on a dancing show with C list celebrities.

Now, how can this be fair? The gold medal winning ice dancers will compete. I just don't think it's fair that ringers are brought in who have vast dancing experience.

And, it's been reported that Brooke was fired and Andrews hired to attract the young male viewer. Are they serious? Do they honestly think young males will tune in just because of her? I can't see it.

I haven't heard about the ice dancers being on the show, I did post that Derek had helped with one of their numbers. I think he did the short program.

Tomorrow we will know for sure who are the Stars for the season on Good Morning America. I'm pvr'ing it for the first time. Never bothered in the past, but I want to see how they announce them.

Erin is a few years younger than Brooke but still over thirty. I can't really see guys that watch football, including my DH, just to see Erin and Brooke has a larger history of posing in bikinis to attract male viewers. I notice women sports reporters more than DH does.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I haven't heard about the ice dancers being on the show, I did post that Derek had helped with one of their numbers. I think he did the short program.

Oops, never mind, I just read that rumour in this post. :o

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/dancing.with.the.stars.2014.season.18.cast.candance.cameron.bure.nene.leakes.maksim.chmerkovskiy.return/36025.htm

Also says that Max may be coming back.

"Other cast rumors include former "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure, who had starred as D.J. Tanner in the hit family series. She is now a mother of three and a best-selling author.

Others rumored to have been asked to dance on the show are: Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow, former Olympian Bruce Jenner, Sharon Osbourne, "The Bachelor" star Juan Pablo Galavis, former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, Dan Cortese, Cody Simpson , Jacklyn Smith, Shay Mitchell."

Candace Cameron Bure seems like a good guess. Her husband ex-NHLer Valeri Bure won the fall 2010 season of Battle of the Blades with Ekaterina Gordeeva as he partner. It is all hockey players with a pro figure skaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWl47OkisCA

The cast!

Meryl Davis (27), gold medal ice dancer, with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Charlie White (26), gold medal ice dancer, with Sharna Burgess

Amy Purdy (34), former Amazing Race contestant and U.S. Paralympic snowboarder, with Derek Hough.

Billy Dee Williams (76), singer and actor, with Emma Slater.

Candace Cameron Bure (37), actress, with Mark Ballas.

Danica McKellar (39), actress and math book author, with Val Chmerkovskiy

Cody Simpson (17), Australian pop singer, with newcomer Witney Carson.

Diana Nyad (64), long-distance swimmer, with newbie Henry Byalikov.

Drew Carey, (55), comedian and current host of The Price Is Right, with Cheryl Burke.

James Maslow (23) former Nickelodeon channel actor and singer, with Peta Murgatroyd.

NeNe Leakes (46), actress/reality star, with Tony Dovolani.

Sean Avery (33), is a former NHL player, with Karina Smirnoff.