Gwynnie Bee Subscription Service

sherilyn70

I just discovered this website for sizes 10-32 today. It's like Netflix for clothing. You pay a monthly fee and can borrow clothing from their catalog based on your allotted number of pieces. Has anyone ever used this service before or known anyone that did? It's tempting to get a few fresh dresses for my upcoming cruise and not have to actually buy anything new. I could try them weeks before the cruise and keep exchanging until I have 3 I want, then return them after the cruise. While I'm at the bottom of their sizing it is an interesting concept.

http://closet.gwynniebee.com/

I just discovered this website for sizes 10-32 today. It's like Netflix for clothing. You pay a monthly fee and can borrow clothing from their catalog based on your allotted number of pieces. Has anyone ever used this service before or known anyone that did? It's tempting to get a few fresh dresses for my upcoming cruise and not have to actually buy anything new. I could try them weeks before the cruise and keep exchanging until I have 3 I want, then return them after the cruise. While I'm at the bottom of their sizing it is an interesting concept.

http://closet.gwynniebee.com/

Hello Sherilyn. How are you? Have not seen you on here in a while. Is your chemo over? I am so happy to see you are going on a cruise soon. You certainly deserve it. :)

Hello Sherilyn. How are you? Have not seen you on here in a while. Is your chemo over? I am so happy to see you are going on a cruise soon. You certainly deserve it. :)

Thank you. Chemo will probably never be over. Technically I am not on it right now, I'm on another drug that causes similar side effects though. My body has never healed from the first chemo and radiation rounds and my bone marrow is permanently damaged. Because of this I can't make red blood cells properly (hemoglobin and platelets). I get transfusions monthly to keep the hemoglobin up... but there is nothing they can without high risk to increase my platelets from 32k. I am not considered healthy enough for full blown chemo because of the low platelets. However, I have hit a lucky streak and the drug I'm on right now (an inhibitor) is actually starving off the tumor and it's showing signs of dying. :) Hopefully the medicine keeps doing it's job and my body doesn't get too toxic from it... this will buy me a few more years potentially.

I'm assuming based on the high view count and lack of responses that no one has ever heard of or used this service... I'll try and do some more digging around.

Sherilyn,

Yes, it's an interesting concept but seems it could get expensive. First month is free then how many months at $35 for one item will you use until you find 3 dresses you like? Then you will have to pay $79 to get those 3 dresses.

If you don't want to accumulate things, I guess it's a good idea. I recently got a Ralph Lauren dress, new with tags, on eBay for around $30 shipping included and a $149 Alex Apparel cocktail dress also for around $30.

If the concept works for you, go for it.

Thanks for the update. I guess, all things considered, you're doing well and especially since you're going on a cruise.:)

Sherilyn,

Yes, it's an interesting concept but seems it could get expensive. First month is free then how many months at $35 for one item will you use until you find 3 dresses you like? Then you will have to pay $79 to get those 3 dresses.

If I had found this before I stopped working in March it might be a better fit for me. I'm thinking about just using the 30 days free trial and then canceling.

Thanks for the update. I guess, all things considered, you're doing well and especially since you're going on a cruise.:)

Yes, all things considered things are really good. If you had asked me a month ago though I thought we were at a dead end and almost given up. We were talking end of life, risky procedures and the we started this current drug as a last ditch attempt. It had a 50/50 chance of working and I landed on the upside this time. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If I had found this before I stopped working in March it might be a better fit for me. I'm thinking about just using the 30 days free trial and then canceling.

Hey, why not, it's free and you might find you like it and it's worth it. I was curious to see what they had but you can't just look around without registering.:(

Yes, all things considered things are really good. If you had asked me a month ago though I thought we were at a dead end and almost given up. We were talking end of life, risky procedures and the we started this current drug as a last ditch attempt. It had a 50/50 chance of working and I landed on the upside this time. :)

Wonderful!!!

Hey, why not, it's free and you might find you like it and it's worth it. I was curious to see what they had but you can't just look around without registering.:(

I was able to browse without registering. Take another look. I don't like sites that make me give them my information just to see what they offer.

I did their trial for a month, the close all came clean and folded nicely. I was generally very impressed but started to lose weight quickly. I started as a 12 and selection was limited, once I hit 10 I didn't have a need for it anymore. It is a great program though and the packages came quite quickly. I'm not very daring when it comes to buying clothes so it was nice way for me to try some different things. I now do stitch box instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I decided against it since I continue to lose weight unintentionally. I will quickly be out of their sizes of I don't get my calories back under control. The doctors are not happy about me going below 165 (I'm 5'7) and I've now lost another 5 pounds since they told me to up my calories and stop losing. :(

Keep in mind I probably have about 5 to 10 pounds in extra skin from when I used to be 271 and then another 5 for the very large tumor. This leaves me very little emergency reserves to lose if I get really sick.

Edited by sherilyn70