Norweigan walks/Hikes info request

jenniwreni

Toffeegirl68 requested on an alternative thread a request for information about the hikes/walks on this cruise, may I comment as follows:

Bergen, both myself and my fiance did the hiking on Mount Floyen, this was really enjoyable, enhanced by the spectacular weather, whilst I would say 70% was uphill, about 50% of that was the main climb up. I did it, so I would safely say that most people can too!! Yes, i did find it a bit tiring and puffed a bit, but only because Im out of shape, but it was definitely worth it for the views! I would also say that walking down Mount Floyen was possibly harder on the knees than walking up it!! Would definitely recommend that trip.

Geiranger My fiance and father did the hike from Hellyslt to Geiranger whilst myself and mum totally relaxed on the ship - I think I got the better deal, but Paul says not!! Anyway, the hike was not so lengthy and apparently, quite do-able. Paul is a walker by hobby and job (Countryside Ranger) so he found the walking no problem what so ever, but my father just had problems with his knees on the downhills. Their photographs show amazing views of the landscape and again, we were blessed with fantastic weather on this day also.

Hope this helps,

Jenni

I too did the hike from Geiranger. It was fabulous! It was all day, but not particualrly strenuous. Let me say that I am 50 years old and do not run, hike or exercise on a regular basis in any form! The views were magnificient and it was incredibly quiet. We met no one the entire time we were out. We saw streams, waterfalls, snow and grogeous vistas. I recommend it to anyone.

Jeanne

Thank-you!

Its good to get a personal rather than brochure view on what these type of things are like. One of these days we will splash out on a trip with a balcony cabin and this is the sort of voyage that I've got my eye on.

I guess that you don't have to carry much - which is good for me.

Jo

Archived