Excursions if You Don't Want to Beach-It

spirit rev

My DH and I do not particularly like to spend the days at the beach. Does anyone have any excursion ideas for those of us who don't want to do a beach day while in port at Georgetown?

Also, some of my researdh has turned up a company that does a walking food and cultural tour - Cayman Food Tours. Has anyone had experience with them? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks for your help.

We did Grand Cayman Safari and loved it ....... it had 100% rating on Trip Advisor so I booked it for me and my husband in May 2012. We happened to be the only two on the excursion that day... I would recommend it 100%:)

We are big snorkelers, so after 6 or 7 times we just head to Paradise Grill or Sunset House to snorkel. We do like Stingray City a lot as well, but only go there now when we are with people who've never experienced it. We are not sit all day on the beach people either. I need action, entertainment, and some cool caribbean cocktails to make me happy. :)

I have recently read about a bike tour on the West End that sounds like fun. You can also rent a car and self tour the island. Really easy to get around. There are some cool places to visit like the blow holes, some local restaurants, etc.

Its a really pretty safe island to head out on your own. You'll see some of the bluest water anywhere. There are museums, turtle farm, Hell, etc. as well. Many people go to the botanical gardens (I think that's where the Blue Iguanas are, someone correct me if I wrong) and I believe there's a butterfly farm as well. There's also a Kayak tour that takes you through the mangroves I've heard.

Grand Cayman has made it's mark on the tourist trade as a clean safe island where it's major draw is the water (scuba, snorkel, stingrays) so that's where you'll find most of your options.

Many times on cruises when we just can't find something that interests us, we take a catamaran cruise. They've always been fun, adventurous and relaxing at the same time. something like that might be an option for you as well.

My DH and I do not particularly like to spend the days at the beach. Does anyone have any excursion ideas for those of us who don't want to do a beach day while in port at Georgetown?

Also, some of my researdh has turned up a company that does a walking food and cultural tour - Cayman Food Tours. Has anyone had experience with them? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if, when saying "do not particularly like to spend the days at the beach", if you mean that you are not water people or if you simply don't like hanging out on the beach but.. if you are water people, have a look at acquarius tours. (acquarius dot kj). They also have a great rep on trip advisor and seem to offer a lot for the price, even free photos!! We are going to give them on try on Jan 7th.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

I got all excited about this option - but we are there on Christmas Eve and they aren't offering tours that day. (Good for them, but...). Here is another thread with some feedback on that tour. (if you haven't already sailed).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1998565

I got all excited about this option - but we are there on Christmas Eve and they aren't offering tours that day. (Good for them, but...). Here is another thread with some feedback on that tour. (if you haven't already sailed).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1998565

Thanks for the link. I had not seen this thread before I posted. We haven't yet sailed - not until January but did book since they are running a special right now.

Glad to read it was a very good experience.