grand cayman things to do

La Princesa

family of 12! thinking of going to the 7 mile beach. we want to ride the banana boat. anyone know where exacly this would be at? any suggestions on what else to do? most teenagers! should we catch a bus/car and where would we say we want to go? what part of the beach?I thought of the duck bus/boat? anyone done this? anything else to do in GC??? We have done the stingray city already but have not really seend the island! thanksss

• 1 month later...

I've only been once to GC (going back in September :o) and we had a large party as well. Went to 7 mile beach where we just swam, snorkeled and had lunch. I know that you could walk to Eden Roc for some better snorkeling or just do it from the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to Grand Cayman six times. We were getting a little bored with the same activities offered by the cruise ships, so we found a walking tour that had " taste testings" in several restaurants and a fabulous tour guide as well.

You have to book it independently. It is called CAYMAN FOOD TOURS eat/explore food experience. The guide ( and owner ) is Marzeta. She took us to a couple of great little restaurants and showed us some things in Georgetown we never would have found on our own. It is a "grass roots" down to earth tour that gave us a different view of Grand Cayman. The total tour took about 3 hours, we only walked about 1.5 miles and we had 5 different tasting locations. The cost was $75 each and that covered all your food and tour expenses. The tour ends within walking distance of the cruise ship tender docks. All eight of our group thought it was a fantastic change from the standard excursions and thoroughly enjoyed this event. If you want to contact Marzeta her email is http://WWW.caymanfoodtours.com.

We have been to Grand Cayman six times. We were getting a little bored with the same activities offered by the cruise ships, so we found a walking tour that had " taste testings" in several restaurants and a fabulous tour guide as well.

You have to book it independently. It is called CAYMAN FOOD TOURS eat/explore food experience. The guide ( and owner ) is Marzeta. She took us to a couple of great little restaurants and showed us some things in Georgetown we never would have found on our own. It is a "grass roots" down to earth tour that gave us a different view of Grand Cayman. The total tour took about 3 hours, we only walked about 1.5 miles and we had 5 different tasting locations. The cost was $75 each and that covered all your food and tour expenses. The tour ends within walking distance of the cruise ship tender docks. All eight of our group thought it was a fantastic change from the standard excursions and thoroughly enjoyed this event. If you want to contact Marzeta her email is WWW.caymanfoodtours.com.

Thank you so very much for posting this! We are 2 women who are not interested in water sports or beach sitting :rolleyes: This sounds right up our alley and I will be checking it out. Great info!

-- well, I just booked us - really looking forward to this!!! :)

Edited by travelingla
addition

I agree, thank you for posting this! I've been there many times and usually just take a snorkeling tour. I will be there again in Sept and January so will give the Cayman Food Tours a try, sounds fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so very much for posting this! We are 2 women who are not interested in water sports or beach sitting :rolleyes: This sounds right up our alley and I will be checking it out. Great info!

-- well, I just booked us - really looking forward to this!!! :)

Travelingla:

I think you will have a great time. The tour guide and owner, Marzeta, is wonderful. Some of the tastings are just standing at a bar and others are sitting down in a restaurant. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a great adventure!! Cruisebuddies23

• 2 weeks later...

My family (includes 3 teenagers) got off the boat, went through the port and turned right. We walked along the sidewalk with the water to our right. The first cafe we came across was Paradise Cafe. They have a water trampoline, and the snorkeling was good. We even saw some excursions getting started there. My husband and I sat inside the cafe and had a couple of drinks. I did swim but realized I am out of shape. I couldn't touch the bottom and got so worn out. Make sure to wear flippers. My kids had no problems swimming out to the trampoline and snorkeling. There are some huge fish that live right around the cafe. My kids loved it and I had to beg them to come back to shore. This isn't a beach. I agree Seagrape is good. But, if you want to snorkel and be back on the ship for lunch, this is a good option.

• 3 months later...

Hello all, Can you recommend a shore excursion in Grand Cayman?

Our son (8) is really interested in seeing the turtle farm. My wife and I, on the other hand, are interested in spending some time at the beach and enjoying the legendary crystal clear water in gone Caymans.

We all love food. Lol Any suggestions or compromises? Thank you!

• 1 year later...
Does anybody know of any all inclusive hotels in Grand Cayman..would prefer a chill out day rather than a swimming trip

Grand Cayman does not offer all inclusive hotels in the Georgetown area. I believe there is one on the other side of the island, but it caters to divers and not day trippers.

• 1 month later...