Tipping Question

MsB1254

I know this is very subjective and varies to the quality of service. However, we have booked a lot of private excursions and I would like to know what percentage is the norm that you would tip in Europe for a job well done for the private tours. Thanks for any suggestions. Also, is there difference between the amounts for France, Greece, Spain, Italy, & Turkey.

• 3 weeks later...
I know this is very subjective and varies to the quality of service. However, we have booked a lot of private excursions and I would like to know what percentage is the norm that you would tip in Europe for a job well done for the private tours. Thanks for any suggestions. Also, is there difference between the amounts for France, Greece, Spain, Italy, & Turkey.

There's really no set percentage or norm--tip according to your comfort level, the level and quality of service. Don't over-tip--it's not like in America--20%-- ....A few euro per person fpr a 5 hour tour, all day , I'd say about $25 or so for 2 people.

For me, it depends on the cost of the tour, on average, 7 to 10% per person for the tour guide, and a minimum of 5 euro for the driver if there is one...

Usually for the driver we just give the one 5 euro tip, not 5 for me & 5 for DH

If it's a driver/guide combo then a flat 10% if it's been a good tour.