Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

emr2b

Hello!

My husband and I are interested in doing the turtle encounter and the sea lion swim at Coral World. Our ship docs at 8am and the first available turtle encounter is at 10am. There are sea lion swim reservations at 11:15 and 12:45. Has anyone participated in either/both of these activities? Could we make it for the 11:15 sea lion swim? I don't know how long the turtle encounter lasts or if they have any rules about being able to only do one type of encounter. I emailed Coral World but never heard back so I'm hoping the CC community might have some info.

Thanks so much for whatever insight you all might have :)

We just returned from St Thomas and Coral World. We also tried to email them about certain questions and also never heard back.

We did not do any of the things your question asks, but the taxi ride to Coral World is about 1/2 an hour, if that helps you in any way.

Cheers

Len

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did the Sea Lion Swim, it was very cool but it was in 2011. We took a taxi there and arranged for her to come back to get us and she did. Our Sea Lion's name was Omar he was cool. I didn't know they had anything with Sea Turtles, I need to check that out.

• 4 weeks later...

We have done the sea lion swim twice at Coral World. Both experiences were wonderful. You'll be in the water with one sea lion and the group is limited, once we had 6 and once we had 5. We spent time in the water and also out on the deck. They took lots of pictures which you can buy from them. I can't remember the cost. You need enough time to disembark the ship and get a taxi to Coral World, so don't schedule yourself so that you have to rush. If you get there early you can either enjoy the rest of Coral World or go to Coki Beach where Coral World is located. We have not done the turtle encounter. IMHO, there are better ways to experience the turtles in the wild. Whatever you decide, have fun!

• 4 months later...