celebrating my wives 30th birthday..Ideas For St. Thomas

Hello All,

I am celebrating my wives 30th birthday on November 1. We are on Carnival and Stopping at St. Thomas for the day... Their are 7 of us. I am looking for suggestions on how we can celebrate her birthday while on the island. I'm looking for things like VIP Cabana, charter a catamaran, etc. ANY suggestions would be welcome. This will be our 5th cruise.. our first time to St. Thomas.

Thank you!

Hello All,

I am celebrating my wives 30th birthday on November 1. We are on Carnival and Stopping at St. Thomas for the day... Their are 7 of us. I am looking for suggestions on how we can celebrate her birthday while on the island. I'm looking for things like VIP Cabana, charter a catamaran, etc. ANY suggestions would be welcome. This will be our 5th cruise.. our first time to St. Thomas.

Thank you!

http://www.sailvi.com

They will tailor your exact requirements for a great day.

• 1 month later...

Will echo the Nightwind recommendation. We sailed on it last week and had an amazing time.

Here's the review I've just posted to TripAdvisor:

These guys don't really need another great review, but here's one anyway.

The Nightwind carries only 12 guests, which was one of the first things that caught my attention. We came over from a cruise ship, and this was a much more intimate experience and perfect alternative to the large, never-get-off-the-bus tours so many lines seem to offer.

First off, Captain Rick is a genuinely nice guy, and he has turned this trip into a nearly flawless tourist experience. On the way over to St. Johns, he lets the boat roll over to about 45 degrees for a while, which whether he needs to or not, gives you an experience you're just not going to get on the larger catamarans. I don't sail and so wanted to get a small taste of what "real" sailing would be like, and was not disappointed.

With that said, I should also point out that I would have been completely comfortable bringing even a young child on board (at least from a safety point of view). With the weight of the keel and the generally favorable conditions between the islands, there is really very little chance of mishaps.

On the other hand, unless your group is large enough to fill the charter, you should be aware that drinks are included (and happily consumed) during the entire ~ six hour trip. And while everyone was incredibly well behaved on our trip, it may not always be the most child-friendly crowd.

Deb did a great job tracking our progress (using a map drawn on the deck table), and lunch was both delicious and really, really well presented.

Both our stops for snorkeling were well chosen, and although the Sea Turtles were scarce, we got to see plenty of "Dory" fish, and even a couple rays.

The main sail is kept down on the way back, which allows the deck to be covered for shade, as well as keeping the boat even, providing a very relaxing return trip.

I've had a lot of very good travel experiences in my life, and this ranks right up with some of the best. Our travelling companions told us at the end of the sail that "this was a very good day", and even after a full week (and a trike ride on Aruba, Stand Up Paddling in Curacao, and zip-lining the rain-forest in Puerto Rico), I can still echo that sentiment. It was easily my favorite experience of the week.

13497545_10209954242883343_4739019953073152909_o.jpg