Car service or taxi....Newark?

firstcruiserDB

Hello! I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but I've searched and searched and just can't find what I need.

What's the best way to get from the airport (EWR) to our hotel in Jersey City....grab a cab at the airport or arrange a car service in advance?

What's the best way to get from our Jersey City hotel to the port...get a cab at the hotel or arrange a car service in advance?

I have names for both recommended cabs and/or car services, but I'm not sure what's the most convenient option.

Thanks so much for your advice!!

The base price of a taxi from the airport is about $46 plus tolls and tip, so figure $55-60. I'd book a car service to the port. It would be a similar price for that trip. You can book a car service from the airport to the hotel if the price is close to the taxi rate.

We will be staying at a hotel near Newark Airport. What is the best way to get to the port? I know a taxi is quite expensive. We will be a party of 4 with 3 large suitcases and 4 carry-ons. I appreciate any help or recommendations of companies. Also, if you know what the costs might be.

Thank you.

Edited by chloe kitty

I wonder if someone would advise me of the best way to get from Penn Station, NJ to 66th Street and West End Avenue (ABC studios). Is there a train/subway that goes close to that area? What would the cost be?

Thank you.

Edited by chloe kitty

We will be staying at a hotel near Newark Airport. What is the best way to get to the port? I know a taxi is quite expensive. We will be a party of 4 with 3 large suitcases and 4 carry-ons. I appreciate any help or recommendations of companies. Also, if you know what the costs might be.

Thank you.

What hotel are you staying at? You need to book a car service to go to the port. It will be at least $55-60 for 4 people with 7 pieces of luggage. Contact Dial7 and Carmellimo. For a no frills and possibly less expensive service call

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

I wonder if someone would advise me of the best way to get from Penn Station, NJ to 66th Street and West End Avenue (ABC studios). Is there a train/subway that goes close to that area? What would the cost be?

Thank you.

From Newark Penn Station you take the NJ Transit train to NY Penn Station for $5/pp. http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

You then have a choice of the subway (A or C train uptown to 59th St with a transfer to the #1 train uptown to 66th St) or a cab.

What hotel are you staying at? There is an airport train station which you can get to on the hotel shuttles, but the fare is $12.50 to NYC.

• 1 month later...
What hotel are you staying at? You need to book a car service to go to the port. It will be at least $55-60 for 4 people with 7 pieces of luggage. Contact Dial7 and Carmellimo. For a no frills and possibly less expensive service call

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

Thanks...I've been looking for this again. I had written this down but misplaced my notes.....duh me. :o

Last November we used a car service from the Hilton at Newark Airport to Bayonne, the car service we used was Fortis Limo, and it was really good.

Cost 65 dollars including 10%tip as per there quote, really nice driver, and used a Suburban.

Bayonne was a nightmare that day, but the driver was really patient and as it was pouring with rain, insisted on unloading all our bags etc before we got out of the car.

I would highly recommend them.

Last November we used a car service from the Hilton at Newark Airport to Bayonne, the car service we used was Fortis Limo, and it was really good.

Cost 65 dollars including 10%tip as per there quote, really nice driver, and used a Suburban.

Bayonne was a nightmare that day, but the driver was really patient and as it was pouring with rain, insisted on unloading all our bags etc before we got out of the car.

I would highly recommend them.

Were tolls included?

I'd also like to stop at the strip mall near the airport to pick up wine. I wonder if they would do that.

Were tolls included?

I'd also like to stop at the strip mall near the airport to pick up wine. I wonder if they would do that.

Which strip mall are you referring to? There's really no place to buy wine at the airport. What day of the week are you sailing? NJ liquor store hours are regulated - Sunday mornings before noon are not good as I recall.

Which strip mall are you referring to? There's really no place to buy wine at the airport. What day of the week are you sailing? NJ liquor store hours are regulated - Sunday mornings before noon are not good as I recall.

I don't remember the name of the strip mall but it's close to the cruise port entrance. Looks like we'll scratch the idea....it's a Sunday morning.

Were tolls included?

Tolls were included.

However can't comment about the wine etc.

We always get drinks package, and normally travelling from Uk we don't bother with taking wine aboard.

I don't remember the name of the strip mall but it's close to the cruise port entrance. Looks like we'll scratch the idea....it's a Sunday morning.

Don't despair. This one is open at 9 am. If you know what you want, I'd call ahead to see if they can fill your order and you can just pick up.

Map of Wine Warehouse

Wine Warehouse

Wine Store

South Cove Commons, 1 Lefante Way, Bayonne, NJ 07002

(201) 858-2727

Monday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Tuesday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Wednesday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Thursday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Friday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm

Saturday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm

Sunday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm

Don't despair. This one is open at 9 am. If you know what you want, I'd call ahead to see if they can fill your order and you can just pick up.

Map of Wine Warehouse

Wine Warehouse

Wine Store

South Cove Commons, 1 Lefante Way, Bayonne, NJ 07002

(201) 858-2727

Monday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Tuesday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Wednesday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Thursday 9:00 am – 9:30 pm

Friday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm

Saturday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm

Sunday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm

Thank you. We do have the drink package, but sometimes DH likes to have a glass of wine on the balcony.