Smoking, Brittania

Suebiker

Hi - just wondering if anyone know where smoking is allowed on Brittania? Are you allowed to smoke on balconies and also which outside areas . Do they have a smoking and non-smoking side of the ship?

My DH has a lung condition so we need to choose our location carefully as he struggles to breathe in a smoky environment.

Thanks

Sue

I phoned P and O to get clarification of the smoking policy on Britannia. Had a sudden concern that smoking was allowed on the terrace outside the Glasshouse and Java on Deck 7 which would have impacted on cabins above. Was assured that smoking only allowed on Deck 16 aft sunset bar. ( a shame if one of the only areas on the ship to enjoy viewing the wake will prove to be a no go area, but applaud P and O for restricting smoking to one area which those who wish to can avoid)

However I did see mention on a recent thread of what might prove to be a staff smoking area on the aft area of deck 7. Hopefully not, but if this proves to be the case, and I had booked a balcony cabin above this area on the basis of the information provided by P and O, I would be a very unhappy and angry customer indeed.

Possibly worth checking with P and O, a clear smoking policy is one of the essentials for me in choosing a cruise line.