Cambodian visa on AMA cruise??

alexandra cruiser

I know I ve seen the info here somewhere,,,but exactly what is required for this? Do I need extra passport photos? or just that.What is the charge and do they just inc.this at end of cruise?

Know I have to get Vietman one on own before...not going till Dec. and website said only get 6 mos in advance. AMA gave me visa website and checked Gov website too..:confused:

We did AMA from Vietnam to Cambodia and got a Cambodian Visa at the airport. Actually, someone at Siem Reap airport collected our passports and they were delivered the next day by our guide to our Hotel. We had to give him a passport photo and cash (I think it was $20). One woman in our group forgot to bring a picture and it still was not a problem.

its odd I never got this info from either AMA or my TA,,,but cruise in Dec.so maybe they would have sent it? Like to know things in advance so I can be prepared. Can now get extra photos to bring along,,I usually just take passport copies.

Dear alexandra cruiser,

We are thrilled to hear that you will be joining our Vietnam, Cambodia & the Riches of the Mekong cruise. A visa is required for both Vietnam and Cambodia and I would be happy to direct you to our website where these questions are answered. It does address your additional passport picture question. Perhaps you have already resolved your visa situation, however this section of our website answers many other questions too and can be a good resource for you prior to your trip:

http://www.amawaterways.com/already-booked/preparations-for-your-trip

Select “Mekong” and there are many topics to choose from. “Preparations for your Trip” will answer visa questions.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

AmaWaterways Customer Relations

Dear alexandra cruiser,

We are thrilled to hear that you will be joining our Vietnam, Cambodia & the Riches of the Mekong cruise. A visa is required for both Vietnam and Cambodia and I would be happy to direct you to our website where these questions are answered. It does address your additional passport picture question. Perhaps you have already resolved your visa situation, however this section of our website answers many other questions too and can be a good resource for you prior to your trip:

http://www.amawaterways.com/already-booked/preparations-for-your-trip

Select “Mekong” and there are many topics to choose from. “Preparations for your Trip” will answer visa questions.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

AmaWaterways Customer Relations

I ve looked at website before and never saw this info,,,feel my TA might have advised me of this. Really helps with details...

Glad AMA reads CC...:)

Alexandra, I think AMA might also send this info in your cruise docs, which come after final payment. That's coming up soon - I think ours is September 4. I remember a lot of talk in that long thread about the Cambodian visa, and I remember everyone saying they needed the two photos, but got one of them back. They then needed that second photo for their Angkor Wat ID.

• 1 month later...

when I had them taken for Vietnam visa,,,I just went thru Vietnam Consular office and got loose leaf one for $140...as compared to the service AMA referred my too.That was $199....know you can get visa on arrival for even less.But worried about long lines ,,,or no one there when we arrive at 10pm..others have noted they had no trouble tho...I always feel better if I m prepared with no surprises(had a bad expereince with same in Egypt,,got to airport and NO VISA...had to wait a LONG time):(

Archived