toronto to san juan

lesd75

Hi, I have been fare watching for our cruise in Dec from San Juan, so far prices have dropped from $800 to $500 each, now its starting to go back up to $800. Should I panic and book now or keep waiting? Some sites say 2 tickets left at this price, but the plane is not full. Does this mean that the airline will only sell the rest of the seats at a higher price? Or will they drop the price closer to Dec? Was really hoping for a better price than this, but don't want to fly AA right now. I wanted to fly home direct on WestJet or Air Canada. Was planning on taking Delta down on a Wed (the 12th) and returning Sat Dec 22. Help!?

Hi, I have been fare watching for our cruise in Dec from San Juan, so far prices have dropped from $800 to $500 each, now its starting to go back up to $800. Should I panic and book now or keep waiting? Some sites say 2 tickets left at this price, but the plane is not full. Does this mean that the airline will only sell the rest of the seats at a higher price? Or will they drop the price closer to Dec? Was really hoping for a better price than this, but don't want to fly AA right now. I wanted to fly home direct on WestJet or Air Canada. Was planning on taking Delta down on a Wed (the 12th) and returning Sat Dec 22. Help!?

You're already what I would qualify as last-minute for this booking, and anything going south from Canada at that time of the year is going to be expensive. Personally, I'd be booking AA (which looks to be running around the $400 mark), with lots of time built in to my schedule to deal with any issues.

Prices might go down, but the issue is will prices go down for your specific dates?

You got lucky - your price dropped significantly. It's starting to go up again. What possible clues do you have to make you think it will go back down again, especially in a popular travel time? Book now, or prepare to spend more.

Two tickets left at that price means exactly that...after those two, other tickets will cost more. If one person goes on and buys one now, while you're waiting, you're suddenly going to have one "cheap" ticket, and another at a higher price.

Book now.

You're very late in the game for buying tickets to Florida in December, especially if you're traveling around the holidays. Keep in mind the two seats you saw at the low fare are not "locked" at that fare until sold. Airlines dynamically change the quantity of seats available for each fare level...the fare could go away literally in minutes because the same fare sold out on another airline, or the two seats you saw were taken by passengers flying to SJU from an entirely different place than you.

I mention from time to time that the prices at your local gas station are a good barometer of airfares. Gas prices are expected to increase 20-30 cents per gallon in the next several weeks.

Hope this and the other posts break the "analysis paralysis" and you book your tickets.

Archived