Car Service from London hotel to Luton Airport

bobmacliberty

We are spending a few days in London prior to flying to Barcelona for a cruise. Looking for recommendations on a reliable car service from our hotel on Piccadilly by Green Park to Luton Airport. We have a 9:05am flight so we are planning on leaving the hotel at 6:30 (please let me know if that's not enough time!), and would like to have a car waiting. I realize that there is a train option but we'd prefer to spend a little more to be delivered from door to door. Thanks for any help.

By car, at that time of day, it should take a little over an hour, but you should allow at least an hour-and-a-half. A 9am flight indicates being at the airport no later than 7am so 6:30 is much too late. I think that you need to book your car for no later than 5:30.

As for finding a reliable car service, there are so many in London and the vast majority are pretty reliable, that it would be hard to suggest anyone. The Uber fare looks to be around £50 and I suspect that this would be as good as any.

Luton airport has been undergoing development work for along time, and has a pretty bad reputation for everything from length of queues, staff attitudes, dirty facilities etc etc. I would want to be there at least 3 hours before departure, to make sure you get through bag drop, security etc. Therefore a pickup time of around 5am sounds about right.

Get your hotel or even do it yourself, book a mini cab to Luton airport which will be the cheapest car service. The London Forum on Tripadvisor always has recommendations. All the companies have a more or less standard rate, but you can check on the company websites for a quote.

Sent from my iPad using Forums