Thomson Dream - Random Question?!?

I was just wondering what kind of age group sail on Thomson Dream?

I am sailing in Aug, treasures of the Med.

The reason I ask is that Im sailing on my own and am having a wee panic session over if I will find people to talk to etc....

It varies really. In August you will find a lot of families onboard, but there will also be young and older couples. I think I've seen before the average age for Thomson is usually in the 50s, but with it being August, this will probably be less.

Don't worry, even though we travel as a couple I've always felt comfortable at going to breakfast or doing other things on the ship on my own. I even stayed in the bar for a short while chatting to some new friends and I would never do that anywhere else. Mealtimes are great for singles as you can be put on a big table with others, I've chatted many a time to people travelling alone. You won't be put on a table for one by the kitchen. Be brave.:):)

Jan

Been on the dream four times now and we're going again in September. Ages vary from 20 something's to seventy something's. like one of the other posts I've eaten alone if my hubby wasn't eating and waited to meet him in one of the bars. People are very friendly on the dream and will happily chat to anyone who wants a conversation. Don't be afraid to join people if they ask you to - most people like company and are happy to meet new friends. Have a great cruise.

Age is just a number and in your mind,;) so if you are looking for a lighthearted, and young at heart mix, you can't go wrong sit the dream, everyone is very friendly and welcoming but savvy enough to give you space if that is what you require :)

Hi Sparkles, I'm assuming you are 25/26? There are events for solo travellers on board to get to know each other. While you may be a little bit younger than the other solo travelers you will find that most people on board, whether solo or not are very friendly and happy to chat. A cruise is a great holiday for a solo traveller - as people are creatures of habit they tend to follow a similar routine. Therefore you will probably bump into the same people at the same time in the same part of the ship throughout the week.

depends a little on itinerary....transatlantics are usually adults only, so mature couples and some solo's

social hostess will arrange get together for solo travellers, so you can meet up with others

christmas/new year, more families and younger couples, extended family groups etc

school holidays in the med, more families

people from all walks of life and every corner of the country....you will always find people to talk to/make friends with/have a drink with, on any thomson cruise:cool::)

we're one big family...aren’t we guys (thumbup);):)

Hi Sparkles, I'm assuming you are 25/26? There are events for solo travellers on board to get to know each other. While you may be a little bit younger than the other solo travelers you will find that most people on board, whether solo or not are very friendly and happy to chat. A cruise is a great holiday for a solo traveller - as people are creatures of habit they tend to follow a similar routine. Therefore you will probably bump into the same people at the same time in the same part of the ship throughout the week.

As a solo cruiser I would have to be honest and say expect the age gap to be in the range of 20- to 30 years.

don't get me wrong, there are younger people on board but IMO they tend not to bother so much with greet and meets.

The itinery and time of year makes a big difference. Nordic and Baltic cruises are rather staid but high summer in hot locations can be different.

As a solo cruiser I would have to be honest and say expect the age gap to be in the range of 20- to 30 years.

don't get me wrong, there are younger people on board but IMO they tend not to bother so much with greet and meets.

The itinery and time of year makes a big difference. Nordic and Baltic cruises are rather staid but high summer in hot locations can be different.

High summer in hot locations is very lively - it has been when we'be been onboard, anyway!!

Thanks everyone for all the replies :)

Grez you are spot on, I will be 26 when I sail..... what gave it away! :rolleyes:

Now that my wee panic session is over..... I suppose when I think about it - it doesn't really bother me. I'm a pretty independent person who likes doing things on their own but I am also quite chatty and can make friends pretty easily too.

I think I just need to take a chill pill and think about what a great time I will have and stop worrying about every little thing that pops into my head!

hi sparkles its a mixed age group really the time we were on. We are going on 1st June med medley it will be our second time on dream You will have a great time well sure of that and then ready to book your next cruise Keith

Archived