Quantum Superior Grand Suite (SGS) 7234 - pictures and mini-review here

karmacats

I know a lot of people are curious about the SGS on quantum, especially because it's a new category of room, and because apparently royal still hasn't put floor plans on its website. :rolleyes:

We were in port-side SGS 7234 on the Jan 3, 2015 quantum sailing. I've got some pictures of the room, balcony, and bathroom that I'm going to attempt to attach. I haven't uploaded pictures to here before, so hopefully this works.

I apologize the pictures are small; I had to shrink them to get them to attach, and I don't have a photobucket account to insert the large ones (I will look into photobucket, but wanted to get these up in the mean time).

I also hope to write a short review of the room once the pictures are up, but it may not happen for a day or two, as we're dealing with a kitty emergency here (poor guy had a tumor on his leg and had to have it amputated a couple of days ago, and now DH and i are switching off watching him because he requires 24/7 supervision).

Anyway, here is the first batch of pictures (hopefully). I'll start with the room.

The first picture is coming in the front door from the hallway, and the fifth picture is looking back at the front door from the balcony door - basically the reverse view from the first picture. The second picture is taken from the couch area of the living room looking into the bedroom, the third picture is the bedroom (vanity on the left, closets on the right, white door at the end is the bathroom), and the fourth picture shows the wall between the two rooms.

Quantum01.JPG.2782b9ad203e3284ec52cd97e22fd6ed.JPG

Quantum02.JPG.1650bf80c7a798825642a015d6237a42.JPG

Quantum03.JPG.df46b2aa43f2640295965180cfdce407.JPG

Quantum04.JPG.101aed702678c473b57dc034fe4fa0b4.JPG

Quantum05.JPG.a256952ca2cf49a4fc769efaa5538f59.JPG

and here are some balcony pictures. i included one from inside so you can see how the balcony looks through the window and doors.

the loungers were on the wrap-around part in front of the balcony, and the dining table and chairs with footstools were on the main part. ignore DH's reflection in the round window in one of the shots. :D

the divider between the main portion and wrap-around portion opened, or you could close it to block the wind.

the first pic is obviously the inside shot. the second is the front wrap-around area, from the divider. the third (wave hi to my DH in the window!) shows the divider open, and how it looks from the front of the wrap-around section. The fourth is the view of the main part of the balcony from the divider area. The last is from the end of the main part of the balcony, with the divider open.

Quantum06.JPG.fbcd7d6d02a13800298ab7a2b7058cb2.JPG

Quantum07.JPG.cdf3be9d799819baf6ae216ef7af7f0a.JPG

Quantum08.JPG.52bac3a957b6496b3b4ef168b029cbf2.JPG

Quantum09.jpg.0ff1a2194c220623b256cdecd3107f8f.jpg

Quantum10.JPG.638a40031ea047bafa89b8824996f53f.JPG

And finally, the bathroom. there are two doors to the bathroom, one from the living room (located right next to the front door to the hall) and one from the bedroom. The bathroom had a toilet, two sinks, and a tub with showerhead.

The first picture is from the door in the living room. The toilet is on the left and a sink on the right. Just past the toilet and sink are the second sink on the left and the door to the bedroom on the right (it's blocked by a wall in this pic). The tub is at the end. The second picture is the same angle, just from further into the bathroom - i was standing near the toilet when i took this one.

The third picture is the view from the door to the bedroom, and the fourth pic is from standing in front of the tub. In these two pictures you can see the white door that leads to the living room/entryway area.

Quantum11.JPG.5c044266ff8fe080d16df7f405584a0b.JPG

Quantum14.JPG.3182942fed973bb48184105f0136a083.JPG

Quantum12.JPG.6271564f193e4a7bb0bf018189f50526.JPG

Quantum13.JPG.40a959e0e2cc185297e3454f65d5b792.JPG

Thanks for the pictures! I will be in an SGS on February 20. Can't wait!

Were you able to order dinner from any of the dining venues to your room? I'm interested in ordering from the Grande. Thanks.

I wish your kitty a speedy recovery.

Marilyn

Thanks for the pictures! I will be in an SGS on February 20. Can't wait!

Were you able to order dinner from any of the dining venues to your room? I'm interested in ordering from the Grande. Thanks.

I wish your kitty a speedy recovery.

Marilyn

I know for sure you can order from any of the 5 complementary dining venues for dinner (american icon, chic, the grande, silk, and coastal kitchen). Menus for all of them are in the folder listing suite perks on your coffee table.

I've heard you can also order from the pay restaurants and pay the upcharge, but I didn't try it myself. Also, Devinly Decadence was still an upcharge on my cruise so I don't know if that menu will make an appearance in the folder now that it's also complimentary. But if you know you want the grande, you should be able to do that. :)

Thanks for your well-wishes about the cat. He's doing pretty well - just going to take him some time to get used to being a tripod!

Thank you for the pics. We will be in 7634 on 2/13 so this gives us a good idea of what to expect!

Yep, exact same room, just mirror-imaged. I was concerned about being on the 7th deck because i thought the lifeboats might get in the way, but they ended up not bothering me at all. it was also very convenient to the esplanade. i liked the location so much i started stalking my anthem cruise to see if a 7th floor suite would open up, but then some friends ended up getting the room next to us on deck 12, so now we're sticking with 12 so we can open up the balconies (we're both in OSes anthem, so our combined balcony will be huuuuuge).

Very cool thanks.

Hope your kitty is okay soon

Thanks! little guy is hanging in there and getting a little better every day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...