Opinion Hyatt Place DANIA BEACH pre and post cruise.

dptt

Lots of people stay there before cruises. It's in a cluster at the I-95 ramp and Stirling Rd, with Hyatt House, Hilton Garden Inn and Springfield Suites. Oakwood Plaza is across the road and has a large selection of restaurants, both of the fast food variety (up close to Stirling) and more sit down, which you will find further south in the plaza just around and behind the Home Depot.

The Dania Beach area is good for pre-cruise, but not so sure about post-cruise as there is not much to see or do in the area.

I agree with that as well. Granted, one might be "beach and ocean"ed out after a cruise, but I would rather stay on Ft Lauderdale beach rather than a suburban highway interchange hotel cluster for what will likely be a longer time. I know I would personally rent a car anyway (those hotels have free parking at least).

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this hotel is a cross the street from Hyatt House? If so I wonder what the sit down restaurants are and if we can push a wheelchair to them. We usually stay ay the Hyatt on 17th but can't get a room using points in March so thought maybe we would try Hyatt house.

Has anyone stayed at The Hyatt Place Airport/Cruise Port in Dania? We booked for one night pre and post cruise. Thank You.

Take a look at the Best Western Oceanside for your post cruise stay. I wouldn't stay at that hotel post. It is kind of a meh area.

I believe this hotel is a cross the street from Hyatt House? If so I wonder what the sit down restaurants are and if we can push a wheelchair to them. We usually stay ay the Hyatt on 17th but can't get a room using points in March so thought maybe we would try Hyatt house.

Hyatt House is across the parking lot from Hyatt Place, but not the Hyatt Place on 17th St. It would be a bit of a walk pushing a wheelchair to the sit down restaurants within the Oakwood plaza to the south. I suggest having a look at google maps and look up Stirling Rd and I-95 area. The hotels are at the northeast corner of that intersection and Oakwood is southeast, but pretty spread out.

Hyatt House is across the parking lot from Hyatt Place, but not the Hyatt Place on 17th St. It would be a bit of a walk pushing a wheelchair to the sit down restaurants within the Oakwood plaza to the south. I suggest having a look at google maps and look up Stirling Rd and I-95 area. The hotels are at the northeast corner of that intersection and Oakwood is southeast, but pretty spread out.

Agree - it is a long walk to the sit down restaurants plus you have to cross a VERY busy street that has a short "walk" light.