Carnival Ecstasy Rivera deck ?s

lilchief27

I need some clarification on the layout of the following stateroom:

Carnival Ecstasy Rivera OV cat 6b - R166 - Stateroom with 2 twins (pushed together for a king), upper berth & trundle for 4th person.

Where will this trundle bed go in the room? On previous Carnival cruises we have taken, there was an upper berth & a couch that made into the 4th bed.

In any pictures I find on the internet. I cannot find clarity of where the upper berth is -- above a desk? above the beds?

AND where the trundle will fit in the room?

Will the trundle be in the middle of the floor for the duration of the cruise for us to fall over?

I am worried I have made a grave mistake in my cabin selection. We are 2 adults & 2 teens in this stateroom. We have cruised the Rivera desk on the Elation & Legend and those 2 cabins were basically the same configuration: king, 1 upper & couch converted to bed. We leave in 16 days. I will deal with the cabin but I want to be prepared if it is a wonky layout.

Thanks!

This is an OV on Fascination.

BG-41.jpg

BG-39.jpg

You can see that there is provision for one of the twins to be below the bunk, as there is a light there. The nice thing about those Fantasy class cabins is that you can move the furniture around. We moved the beds in our inside to give more floor space. In this picture, the bunk wouldhave been over the bed on the right.

P1000020_zpshm5phyiy.jpg

This is what it would look like with a trundle (I think this is a trundle not a rollaway)

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

You had best make sure you get a rollaway instead of a trundle, unless one of your teens is really short. A trundle is shoved under the twins during the day, and the rollaway is folded up.

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Sensation-March-31st/i-fM6wqMZ/0/L/IMG_0615-L.jpg

thats the trundle. you want a roll away.

could you just ask to switch to a cabin with 4 dedicated beds.?

that roll away just takes up way too much space.

this ship is NOTHING like what you have sailed on.

I just got off the phone with Carnival. There are no cabins available that sleep 4 people. :eek: Our boat is booked solid.

We will have a trundle bed (73" long x 29" wide). The trundle will be slid under the twins daily for floor space.

After talking with the Carnival rep, he went ahead & reserved a Roll-a-way for our room too, because it is 2" larger. He said we can discuss with our Cabin Stewart about which bed is best for my teens and if he can remove the roll-a-way during the day for floor space.

We will make the best of it no matter what. Thank you for your comments.

I just got off the phone with Carnival. There are no cabins available that sleep 4 people. :eek: Our boat is booked solid.

We will have a trundle bed (73" long x 29" wide). The trundle will be slid under the twins daily for floor space.

After talking with the Carnival rep, he went ahead & reserved a Roll-a-way for our room too, because it is 2" larger. He said we can discuss with our Cabin Stewart about which bed is best for my teens and if he can remove the roll-a-way during the day for floor space.

We will make the best of it no matter what. Thank you for your comments.

you do NOT want the steward to remove it during the day/ If another steward see it theymay take it to use in another cabin.

They can fold it up out of the way=-- do NOT let them remove it

• 4 weeks later...

the Steward will not remove, nor fold nor slide the trundle under during the day. Once they set it up, it is set for the duration of your cruise. this goes for the couch into bed also. We had to dig the back of the couch out from under the bed every time we wanted to sit on it, and it was still made up..

We have had the room set up just like this, and my feet were under the desk, no problem. the trundle is way lower, and is only 6 inches off the floor.